Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm not sure if you're deluded, stupid or just have no experience of living in an area of commonwealth immigration to believe that 96 % of people being UK born means that immigration isn't an issue.

Over 96 per cent of residents are born in the UK and 97.9 per cent are ethnically white. EU immigrant figures are less than half the average. Please explain the point you are making.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Excellent speech today by someone who knows what it takes to lead a country. Compare his delivery to that of Corbyn and you can see why Labour are screwed come the next election,

Those who can't/won't get over his foreign policy mistakes can rant and rave all they like. Domestically, Blair was a fine PM and if you just knee jerk to 'war criminal' every time you see him rather than debate like adults the substance of his stance then more fool you,

'Excellent speech' by someone who knows how to shaft the country. Compare his delivery of WMD! Soldiers died; were maimed, families devastated. Nevermind, BLAIR was a fine PM.

Deluded
:wanker::sick:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Over 96 per cent of residents are born in the UK and 97.9 per cent are ethnically white. EU immigrant figures are less than half the average. Please explain the point you are making.

Just a minute! I don't particularly care whether people's skins are white, black, brown or anywhere in between, but if you're going to make stupid statements like that - '97.9% of the residents are ethnically white!' - can you give us a list of cities and major towns in the UK where only 2.1% or less of the population are not white?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Here we go overseas corporate raiders, benefiting from the post-Brexit slump in sterling

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39006302

We all know what happened to UK jobs when Kraft took over Cadbury. Welcome to our brave new world

Brexit just keeps giving and giving

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Here we go overseas corporate raiders, benefiting from the post-Brexit slump in sterling

nice that you provided a link, where there is no mention of sterling in this deal, did you read it though? as its joint owned/listed in Netherlands, that would be a very odd reason to buy.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Just a minute! I don't particularly care whether people's skins are white, black, brown or anywhere in between, but if you're going to make stupid statements like that - '97.9% of the residents are ethnically white!' - can you give us a list of cities and major towns in the UK where only 2.1% or less of the population are not white?

I don't care either but I was responding to a person who didn't accept that immigration wasn't a practical issue in Barnsley in spite of the fact that every key statistic, not to mention the lifetime resident of the town I just had breakfast with, confirms that there are essentially no immigrant issues here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't care either but I was responding to a person who didn't accept that immigration wasn't a practical issue in Barnsley in spite of the fact that every key statistic, not to mention the lifetime resident of the town I just had breakfast with, confirms that there are essentially no immigrant issues here.
And you really helped your argument - whatever it was - by using fake news type statistics.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Pretty obvious its down to USD / GBP levels close to 30 year lows

its pretty obvious you want to pin everything brexit and one metric. however half the company is held in €, historically low interest rates meaning companies can borrow cheaply, and the company share price looks cheap off recent highs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Even the local paper boy has a better delivery than Corbyn.
Blair is a nasty piece of work, apart from what we know he put out policies that he knew his wife could go up against in court and make shed loads of cash for Blair PLC.

:flameboun :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
its pretty obvious you want to pin everything brexit and one metric. however half the company is held in €, historically low interest rates meaning companies can borrow cheaply, and the company share price looks cheap off recent highs.

Government needs to show some backbone and block this one, though probably won't for fear of upsetting Trump

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
'Excellent speech' by someone who knows how to shaft the country. Compare his delivery of WMD! Soldiers died; were maimed, families devastated. Nevermind, BLAIR was a fine PM.

Deluded
:wanker::sick:

You strike me as someone that wouldn't change their opinion no matter how even-handed the debate, so I won't bother.

I'll continue to see things in shades of grey rather than black or white, but you do whatever gets you through :thumbsup:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Fair enough, dirty money.....and i admit i voted for him first time, one of my biggest regrets. I believe that because of him so many working class have turned against the Labour party and will not vote for them again. An odious man.

He's a man of vast experience at the very summit of politics. Of course people want to pay for his insights/opinion. He's not the only ex Prime Minister to make serious money since leaving office. They don't get the 'dirty money' tag,

Labour's problem is Corbyn, not Blair. It's the shift to the far left and the abandonment of the middle ground which is hurting Labour the most in my opinion. Although I'll admit Blair is tarnished beyond repair. Maybe with the passing of time history will judge him differently,

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Correct.. otherwise what's the point?

Do you see the case for leaving the EU or do you characterise it as inherently racist and ignorant ? I can understand the Remain case and did actually hold that point of view a few years ago. I like the achievements of the EU in the fields of environmentalism and infrastructure spending but this is counter balanced these days by dislike of the effects of the Single Market. That's a pretty balanced view.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Do you see the case for leaving the EU or do you characterise it as inherently racist and ignorant ? I can understand the Remain case and did actually hold that point of view a few years ago. I like the achievements of the EU in the fields of environmentalism and infrastructure spending but this is counter balanced these days by dislike of the effects of the Single Market. That's a pretty balanced view.

Yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here