Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've had an amazing run and all credit to the team.....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Wrong, all the while they're chasing they have no pressure. The rate they're moving, goal difference will be completely irrelevant

You think any team would rather be 4 points behind with a massively inferior goal difference? Get a bloody grip. The bed wetting here is absolutely unbelievable. Time to switch off NSC until after Saturday.

If this is the sort of reaction I hope we don't get promoted. Good lord it's embarrassing.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Huddersfield are worrying but I would put our squad up there with top 4 in the league. Newcastle, us, Huddersfield and Sheff Weds best squads. we don't have Hudds or Weds to play again and Newcastle is at home. So despite worrying slightly we are the best positioned team in the league. And we dominated tonight by all accounts. So chins up we go again at Barnsley. It aint as worrying as our day out in Hereford 97. So get behind the team and get a grip.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Come on guys. 45 points to play for with a 4point cushion
Loads of ups and downs to come yet. All the top 6 will have dips in form. The best 2 sides will go up. Strap yourself in though it will be a bumpy ride

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We wont be saying that by the end of the month, with the forms the way they are we'll be wanting to swap with them.
Yer.

How the hell are we gonna get a result at Barnsley. A bogey team who are very very good at home. Let's not kid ourselves we've been woeful away from home recently.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
But... We are not top 2 material sadly. We had a great run in the first half of the season with a fair sprinkling of luck. But in the last 3 months we've been very average. The good news is we should make the play offs.

The sooner we manage this expectation the better. Our squad is excellent, and we have done brilliantly to get top 2 but we simply dont have enough to sustain this.

With respect, it aint over till the Villa games final whistle.
Just remember it's Stand and Fall till the end.
Team BHAFC, bollox to the rest of them :albion2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We ARE top two material. We've been on a bad run, but we're still four points clear of third which shows we deserve to be here.

We always have a bad run at some point, once we get back in our stride again, we'll finish the job...Hopefully.

True that by mid-January, we fully deserved the huge points gap.

But as Taggart repeatedly made plain at ManUre, no prizes are awarded then, only in May.

Hughton needs to weave his magic again, to turn loss/win/draw form, back into win after win.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Tonight's result might also be a blessing in disguise ahead of Barnsley.

I expect the boys to be fired up and keen to make amends. Bring it on.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
There were moments like it seemed that we would sweep majestically to a record points total with promotion in the bag by Easter. We all know now that this won't happen and we are in a scrap....but are still in a position that is the envy of all but one team in the EFL. Trying to adjust my expectations and prepare for an emotionally intense 3 months.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agreed. How can a team be second in the Championship and not be fired up? This seems to be our problem too frequently and I just don't get it.
It's been like this for 3 months....

We are just not good enough. We are close but I feel we are sadly just play off contenders again, there is no shame in this. But that's the reality.

The frustrating thing for me is that it looks like Huddersfield will finish above us and they have far less resources.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Agreed. How can a team be second in the Championship and not be fired up? This seems to be our problem too frequently and I just don't get it.

Didn't get out of second gear on Saturday, suspect we anticipated to roll Ipswich over, not the case.

The players will know the huge importance of putting 7 points between ourselves and 3rd come 5pm on Saturday.

I expect them to be motivated, fired up and keen to put things right. That's football.

Certainly more interested in looking for positives than some of the stupid negativity shown on here.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Listened to it on the radio and not overly worried TBH, no gap will be big enough 'till we are up. Players bedding in back from injury, new boy to find his feet up front. Held our game and nearly nicked it. Tough at the top (two). The commentators said that Iptwitch looked hungrier than us. I didn't see the game but it sounded like Knocky was running about like a kid with too many Cokes inside him and the team were just not flowing like they can. It will come, the pack will put more pressure on us and I think the team will respond, not fold. F**k the playoffs, i'm not giving up yet.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Listened to it on the radio and not overly worried TBH, no gap will be big enough 'till we are up. Players bedding in back from injury, new boy to find his feet up front. Held our game and nearly nicked it. Tough at the top (two). The commentators said that Iptwitch looked hungrier than us. I didn't see the game but it sounded like Knocky was running about like a kid with too many Cokes inside him and the team were just not flowing like they can. It will come, the pack will put more pressure on us and I think the team will respond, not fold. F**k the playoffs, i'm not giving up yet.
I'm not giving up.

Realism has just hit me. I was at preston we were tosh. I was at Fulham we were tosh (lucky). I watched Huddersfield we were rubbish. I was at Brentford we were mostly poor...... Fulham home rubbish but lucky , Cardiff away poor. Wednesday looked second best for much of the match , flukily won.

All recent matches , all pretty poor.

I'm not giving up. But I'm starting to realistically give up on top 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here