Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tara Palmer tomkinson

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Very sad,but what did she do to become famous?

Does it matter what she did?

I loved watching TFI and Frank Skinner shows with her.

She was funny, genuinely funny and a bit broken which was also a bit awkward to see, especially in a woman, yet it was so very compelling.
20 years ago the media was a very different place.

She broke through the class barrier and made people like her seem funny, vulnerable and not so remote.

RIP Tara as has been said a top sport

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Very sad,but what did she do to become famous?

I think and I might be wrong, she was plastered over the red tops after being seen given Prince Charles (her godfather) a kiss during a skiing trip and it went from there. I was so ****ed in the 90's that I probably thought I was kissing prince Charles most days...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Does it matter what she did?

I loved watching TFI and Frank Skinner shows with her.

She was funny, genuinely funny and a bit broken which was also a bit awkward to see, especially in a woman, yet it was so very compelling.
20 years ago the media was a very different place.

She broke through the class barrier and made people like her seem funny, vulnerable and not so remote.

RIP Tara as has been said a top sport

A fine & fitting eulogy. Thank you.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't she one of those ones the tabloids labelled the It Girls at one stage? I seem to recall there was a phase in the 1990s (or thereabouts?) where they were constantly in the papers for one thing or another, usually for going to posh nightclubs frequented by Prince Harry & the rest of the titled old Etonian chums.

Funny how these things move on: now it's all those horrific Essex people (as in the TV programme, not the county!) and Kardashians who satiate the Daily Mail's hunger for Z listers doing mundane things.

On the rare occasions I remember seeing TPT actually speak on TV, she seemed alright. Quite vulnerable probably. Very sad for her family.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Original "Sloane Ranger"?

Defo lived life in the fast-lane ...

Wasn't there a party joke bouncing around years ago - she wanted to date Jeremy Clarkeson because "he was always on top-gear"

RIP TPT

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some context for the second tweet

[tweet]829397997658263553[/tweet]

[tweet]829400655278329866[/tweet]

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The woman was a complete waste of time. Too much money, inherited not earned; nothing useful to do with her life except to party, take drugs and get out of bed at noon. If she had had to work for a living she would have had a good chance to escape being a druggie. No sympathy from here.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The woman was a complete waste of time. Too much money, inherited not earned; nothing useful to do with her life except to party, take drugs and get out of bed at noon. If she had had to work for a living she would have had a good chance to escape being a druggie. No sympathy from here.

Crikey:eek:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Except that the poor woman died from a brain tumour, not something that anyone deserves particularly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Her background undoubtedly gave her a leg-up in life (and contributed to her hardships), but if publishing three books, presenting various television shows, becoming patron of an autism charity and playing the piano with the National Symphony Orchestra registers as doing 'Nothing useful to do with her life', I'm dying to see a list of your amazing accomplishments.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Her background undoubtedly gave her a leg-up in life (and contributed to her hardships), but if publishing three books, presenting various television shows, becoming patron of an autism charity and playing the piano with the National Symphony Orchestra registers as doing 'Nothing useful to do with her life', I'm dying to see a list of your amazing accomplishments.

Well, for starters we know he's not an obituary writer.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Ah yes! Gave her name to Tara Palmer Tomlinson syndrome.
The inability to turn right whilst boarding an aircraft.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here