Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have no doubts about it................we find ourselves in the top 3 come January and we will smash the record to assure we 100% don't miss out....just a feeling and as a gambler i would do it this time,whatever the cost.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only if the right striker at an acceptable price

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By definition, any striker the club buy would be deemed to be the right striker at an acceptable price. Personally I'd think that if we're still top two at the end of the year, we'd be prepared to pay over the odds, and what's acceptable to us will be higher than before.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Irrespective of the club and completely disregarding comments made after the last transfer window, I genuinely don't believe such a striker exists.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
By definition, any striker the club buy would be deemed to be the right striker at an acceptable price. Personally I'd think that if we're still top two at the end of the year, we'd be prepared to pay over the odds, and what's acceptable to us will be higher than before.

Time is slightly running out....Naylor talked about it today in the Argus,we should be looking to go up this year,let's say we finish 3rd again and blow up in the play off's having not bought in the firepower,even if we finish top scorers.

Could we then again be expected to finish the same or higher the following year?

I suppose the real question is at what stage do we REALLY take that leap of faith to push.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Depends on form and injuries in other areas. If Bruno was to suffer a long term injury they may want to get a RB in to cover for unless they are prepared for Hunt to possibly have an extended run in the team given that Rosenior is not back to full fitness for sometime.
If we can pull off similar quality signings that we achieved last January than no doubt we would all be happy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I suppose the real question is at what stage do we REALLY take that leap of faith to push.
That partly is my poll question. I think if we're in a similar position at the end of the (calendar) year, TB will decide that now is the time to gamble.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That partly is my poll question. I think if we're in a similar position at the end of the (calendar) year, TB will decide that now is the time to gamble.

Also we have to take into account what [MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION] say's.....other factors and positions to cover too.

I also wonder how reliable you poll is,is the current split standing a result of acceptance of the clubs slow but sure way of going about things (no harm there) or more a reflection of the apathy regarding numerous previous failed striker signing attempts..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon in January it's going to be as much about who we retain as who we sign. Would be fairly easy for Newcastle to flash stupid amounts of cash in the Albion's direction and neutralise our promotion challenge at a stroke, if the Albion board decide to cash in, or the targeted player(s) decide to work-to-rule.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Reckon in January it's going to be as much about who we retain as who we sign. Would be fairly easy for Newcastle to flash stupid amounts of cash in the Albion's direction and neutralise our promotion challenge at a stroke, if the Albion board decide to cash in.

£30M or £200M? for 5 months work...so to speak,let the Magpies flash.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Reckon in January it's going to be as much about who we retain as who we sign. Would be fairly easy for Newcastle to flash stupid amounts of cash in the Albion's direction and neutralise our promotion challenge at a stroke, if the Albion board decide to cash in, or the targeted player(s) decide to work-to-rule.

You worry too much, TH.

The target players would be very aware that no-one will stand in their way if we don't go up in May (and the price is right). They then have a few months in the shop window.

I would imagine that Dunk and Knockeart are the players you may have in mind. I don't think either would cause problems. The bid from Newcastle in the summer has not distracted AK.

I could see Stephens going for a tidy sum- but only if Albion had contingency plans.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Ulloa I think was bought in a January transfer window, and Knocky hasn't done bad.

Maybe the European market is the way to go, rather than the over inflated English market.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You worry too much, TH.

The target players would be very aware that no-one will stand in their way if we don't go up in May (and the price is right). They then have a few months in the shop window.

I would imagine that Dunk and Knockeart are the players you may have in mind. I don't think either would cause problems. The bid from Newcastle in the summer has not distracted AK.

I could see Stephens going for a tidy sum- but only if Albion had contingency plans.

Gah! You read my mind! But it doesn't take much to destabilise players, especially with an agent in the background trying to engineer a move under the pretence of getting the best deal for their client, but in reality hustling for their percentage cut on the deal. Damn right I worry!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here