Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which Club Will Perform Badly Next Season?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where the **** is the ****ing poll, for ****ing ****'s sake?
This thread is ****ing useless without one.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Probably something like .....

Liverpool
City
Man U
Chelsea
Tottenham
West Ham
Arsenal
Newcastle
Everton
Wolves
Brighton
Southampton
Watford
Burnley
Palace
Leicester
Fulham/Villa
Cardiff
Bournemouth
Huddersfield

No way will Bournemouth drop as long as smug Eddie is there. Wilson is also a great player.

theboybilly

Wolves possibly? Everyone is assuming they will storm into the premier league and be comfortable mid-table, but its not so simple, especially if the hype gets too far ahead of reality.

Next season could be tougher for us - we had just one week in the relegation zone this season, suspensions and injuries only hurt us at the end, will it be so straightforward next year - especially if we lose Dunk?

We need goals, and not just any goals. More goals need to come from midfielders like Stephens and Propper chipping in with their share. Dunk and Duffy too (just hitting the target would be good from the latter) We need to be more dynamic in midfield going forward and not be content with sideways possession-keeping. Difficult though it is we also need to be more assertive away from home. There were points given away cheaply at Watford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Southampton, Palace and (especially) West Brom because we were set up to not lose. We have the players to win matches but they don't appear to be allowed the freedom to express themselves fully. I can understand it this season but we will not be the unknown quantity next year. Albion are too easily worked out at times.

Jfjekfjdjjdjdjeksjd

May 16, 2018
West Ham, Cardiff, Palace... Also did anyone else predict all three promoted teams to stay up this year as I did and am devastated I didn't bet on it

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
Probably something like .....

Liverpool
City
Man U
Chelsea
Tottenham
West Ham
Arsenal
Newcastle
Everton
Wolves
Brighton
Southampton
Watford
Burnley
Palace
Leicester
Fulham/Villa
Cardiff
Bournemouth
Huddersfield

LOL! You lot finished 3 points ahead of us and our boys were nursing hangovers for our final game, squinting at "Arsene we'll miss you" messages flapping behind a plane circling overhead.

Always had a lot of respect for Brighton for what you've been through over the years but you're losing the plot.

Mid table team after 1 season in the top flight! Blimey!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're right in the mix, even with Dunk, from day one 2018/19 season. That's not pessimism, Hughton will quite rightly say similar. The moment PL clubs of Brighton's size think otherwise, that can spell a case of the WBA/Southampton/Stoke's.
This is very true. It will interesting to see how long this fresh paint smell of the Premier league will last. Any more than 3 seasons of fighting relegation and people will start demanding the club kicks on. This is what happens everywhere and our fans are no different.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Watford, us, palace (Zaha leaves) Hudds, Burnley, Bournemouth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Think we have to accept that if we don't find a way of playing that challenges in games against the top 6 or , we will be down there and at risk.

Not just the top six. Any team that pressures us seems to make our players treat the ball like a hot potato. We need to find a way to keep calm and retain the ball better when teams close us down. There is a reason we played well against United in all three games, almost no pressure exerted against us.

Back on track, I think Smug Eddie will ensure Bournemouth are safe again but I can see Cardifff, Watford, Huddersfield and West Ham struggling.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
LOL! You lot finished 3 points ahead of us and our boys were nursing hangovers for our final game, squinting at "Arsene we'll miss you" messages flapping behind a plane circling overhead.

Always had a lot of respect for Brighton for what you've been through over the years but you're losing the plot.

This is the opinion of one person while many on here believe it will be a similar battle to this season, so you shouldn’t assume all of us Albion fans are losing the plot ! I wouldn’t be surprised if there is at least one Town fan who also thinks you’ll push on be mid table next season !

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Huddersfield, Watford, Cardiff, Bournemouth and even possibly Burnley with their extra pressure of Europe might crash and burn next year. Without being negative I think we'll be well in the mix too. Sorry - just my gut instinct.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

This is the opinion of one person while many on here believe it will be a similar battle to this season, so you shouldn’t assume all of us Albion fans are losing the plot ! I wouldn’t be surprised if there is at least one Town fan who also thinks you’ll push on be mid table next season !

Exactly - only a truly deluded or overly optimistic BHAFC fan would have us safely mid table next season. Any team from Burnley down + the promoted teams COULD easily go down,, and both of our clubs will undoubtedly be in the mix.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Leicester are going down. I think they have a toxic dressing room and it will implode

el punal

All subjective old bean! Some on here think we’re Champions League material, others a bit more realistic. If similar threads are posted on other fans forums the outcome would probably be you and us near the bottom etc. Same as it ever was! :drink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Spot on I believe which makes us about 50/50 to get relegated.

All on the flick of a coin - until we raise our game further & have a majority team of internationals

£20m striker, combative defensive midfielder, left back, centre back, ball winner (CAM) .... Walton back and bench impact striker (Murray)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't even think relegation would dislodge CH as he will be seen as the man to get us back up into the PL if the worst happened.

He may choose to save his dignity and walk if we have an unexpected bottom 3 finish, but I don't believe TB will pull the trigger on him.

Nor do I but I was thinking more of a bad start and adrift by Christmas. As sad as it would be I think all sides would understand a change would be inevitable. Hopefully, we won't find out and we will have another good season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here