Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] National League Play Off

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Oldies with with long memories may remember Bradford dropping out of the League in 1970, to be replaced by Cambridge. It's not on TV but tonight Bradford play away at Kidderminster Harriers in the Vanarama North play-off (it's only one leg). Bradford won there 2-1 on Saturday to qualify for the play-offs so we're hoping lightening can strike twice. They've never got this high before since re-forming, and they're massive underdogs. And frankly the Conference will be a struggle if they do make it as they won't be able to go full-time.

Anyway, UTA!

Went to the Kiddy home game and had a superb reception from the locals. Delighted to see them win through tonight. Could have done without my mate starting an arguement with a regular about Hector being offside in the Albion game. (In 1964) Classic day.

544699D1-CB46-4DA3-B015-195E294322DD.jpeg

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I love it. Much better because it means you have an advantage for finishing higher in the league. My non league team is brackley. We host Bradford on Sunday. They have been flying recently with six or seven wins (including against us) in a row. We now have everyone fit so hopefully we win on Saturday and Chorley can upset Harrogate.

Imagine a play off final on Sunday week and the FA trophy the following week. It won't get better than thisbsupporting tiny brackley.
You get a 'thumbs-up'; not for being a Brackely fan (obviously!), but for using the correct name for Bradford! (Even if technically it isn't actually the correct name any more). I long for a return to the days that when people just say 'Bradford' there is actually confusion as to which Bradford side they're referring to!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Went to the Kiddy home game and had a superb reception from the locals. Delighted to see them win through tonight. Could have done without my mate starting an arguement with a regular about Hector being offside in the Albion game. (In 1964) Classic day.

View attachment 96567
Yeah, I've been to Horsfall a few times. Very Withdean-esque! Nice picture of Avenue 'arry!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Travelling down to Tooting & Mitchum this afternoon to watch Leiston v Dulwich Hamlet in Bostick Premier League play off semi final. First time Leiston have reached step 3 play offs . Will be a tough ask but hopefully make it to the final on Mon

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Travelling down to Tooting & Mitchum this afternoon to watch Leiston v Dulwich Hamlet in Bostick Premier League play off semi final. First time Leiston have reached step 3 play offs . Will be a tough ask but hopefully make it to the final on Mon

Is that the league that the odious Billericay Town and their vile manager were in this season?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is that the league that the odious Billericay Town and their vile manager were in this season?

Yep! Getting promoted up to National League South now after paying players wages that are huge for that level.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk

That's the one, Dulwich put up a good fight what with their troubles off the pitch but were pipped to the post. I'm hoping we can beat them tonight but it'll be tough. Billericay manager stepped back a bit towards the end of the season as they were imploding with him at the helm .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's the one, Dulwich put up a good fight what with their troubles off the pitch but were pipped to the post. I'm hoping we can beat them tonight but it'll be tough. Billericay manager stepped back a bit towards the end of the season as they were imploding with him at the helm .

Didn't he sack himself as manager but as the chairman he then reappointed himself as Manager the next day?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Didn't he sack himself as manager but as the chairman he then reappointed himself as Manager the next day?

:lolol: He did indeed . Although I have no time for them i thought young Harry Wheeler did a good job to steady the ship under enormous pressure from Tamplin. Told him he'd be sacked if they didn't win the league, that's after he'd started to lose the dressing room. Having finished 5th we have to win two away games to make it, which makes it more tricky. Having said that feel it's a fair system .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here