Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So it turns out that Anthony Knockaert really IS better than Ozil...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Did Baines not ay something to him after he got ball in the face ?

Baines seemed to think that AK was being a bit of a big girl’s blouse about it - presumably because he was constantly touching under his nose to see if he was bleeding (he wasn’t). Baines certainly said something to AK - I read it as words to the effect of “man up, ffs”.

Baines’s lack of rolling around around on the ground after the “tackle” is greatly to his credit. AK’s behaviour throughout the whole incident - not so much.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Baines seemed to think that AK was being a bit of a big girl’s blouse about it - presumably because he was constantly touching under his nose to see if he was bleeding (he wasn’t). Baines certainly said something to AK - I read it as words to the effect of “man up, ffs”.

Baines’s lack of rolling around around on the ground after the “tackle” is greatly to his credit. AK’s behaviour throughout the whole incident - not so much.

Exactly this !

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Once you cross that white line for 90 minutes you can forget all the worries you have in life and do something you enjoy and even get paid for handsomely.
He needs to man up and stop throwing his dummy out of the pram every time something doesn’t go his way.
F##cking man up or F##k off

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Once you cross that white line for 90 minutes you can forget all the worries you have in life and do something you enjoy and even get paid for handsomely.
He needs to man up and stop throwing his dummy out of the pram every time something doesn’t go his way.
F##cking man up or F##k off

I assume no further action has been taken? Just a 3 match ban?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Looking forward to Knocky coming back, playing a blinder, scoring a worldy, then reading this thread again.
He's an emotional guy, plays with his heart on his sleeve. Yes, he was wrong, but too many on here using as a big stick to beat him with. I can't forget what he's done for this club, & continues to do.
The guy is class; with class sometimes comes a bit of wildness. I for one forgive him; let's face it, the whole team seemed to have a "Huddersfield", but it's easier to blame 1 man. Why do our fans always seem to need 1 player to be a target? Ashley Barnes, Gaeten Bong, now Knocky! A player who has done so much for us & has often declared his love of the club & city.
Just a big over reaction. Most of those shouting the loudest don't think he should be near the team anyway, so if anything, he's doing you all a favour!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just realised he won't back until Palace.

Gonna be a loooooooong month for the guy.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

He was bleeding. You could see the blood as he walked off the pitch.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Really? I didn't see any. :shrug:

Were you on the other side of the pitch from the away fans? - he walked away from us to get to the tunnel...

100%

I watched it on TV. As he walked off the pitch, there was a close up shot of him and you could clearly see blood dripping and on his shirt.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
100%

I watched it on TV. As he walked off the pitch, there was a close up shot of him and you could clearly see blood dripping and on his shirt.

Fair enough. Would explain why he kept putting his hand to his nose. Doesn't excuse his behaviour though...

I'm not in the "burn him" camp, but a pro footballer should be able to deal with a ball in the face occasionally.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Looking forward to Knocky coming back, playing a blinder, scoring a worldy, then reading this thread again.
He's an emotional guy, plays with his heart on his sleeve. Yes, he was wrong, but too many on here using as a big stick to beat him with. I can't forget what he's done for this club, & continues to do.
The guy is class; with class sometimes comes a bit of wildness. I for one forgive him; let's face it, the whole team seemed to have a "Huddersfield", but it's easier to blame 1 man. Why do our fans always seem to need 1 player to be a target? Ashley Barnes, Gaeten Bong, now Knocky! A player who has done so much for us & has often declared his love of the club & city.
Just a big over reaction. Most of those shouting the loudest don't think he should be near the team anyway, so if anything, he's doing you all a favour!

Totally agree with this. Not for the first some short memories on here.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Totally agree with this. Not for the first some short memories on here.
I hope you and smudge are right. I'd love to see him back to his best.

Can't help wondering if CH is running out of patience though. He's high maintenance and has done himself no favours with his petulance and outbursts of emotion this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks, yes I didn't mean it in a derogatory way. I just meant something seems up with him over the past few months and he seems less settled than in previous seasons. Maybe home sick or something after death of his Father. That's all i meant when I said something doesn't seem right.

I was told that his wife has returned to France but am not sure whether that is correct or not but if true could explain his latest change of attitude.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here