Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Labour party and anti-Semitism

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Depends on your point of view, in my view class transcends race, gender, sexual preference etc. and yet it is never given the same profile.

That makes no sense, which is why this focus by the Labour Party on BAME is wrong headed, because it is 2 fingers to the white working class.

The Labour Party are shooting themselves in the foot on this, and not for the first time either.

JC restoring ET to the shadow cabinet tells me everything I need to know about the current labour attitude to the English working class

Attachments

• emily-thornberry-labour-mp-tweet-twitter-snob-rochester-strood-quit-411438.jpg
    emily-thornberry-labour-mp-tweet-twitter-snob-rochester-strood-quit-411438.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 198
  • jcet.jpg
    jcet.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 201

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
JC restoring ET to the shadow cabinet tells me everything I need to know about the current labour attitude to the English working class

She did have a point. Some poor working class people have to live next door to such people. Have you been to Rochester lately?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I think it's all in the way you hang them or fly them.

article-2133422-04BCE3E80000044D-569_235x373.jpg

The Americans and Canadians always seem to be able to hang their flags with a bit of style - at least whenever I've been there they do.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I partially disagree. I feel class is more defined by your values, traditions and beliefs. And mine are firmly working class.

PS I have very sensitive skin so I’m unable to do manual labour as my hands chaff.

I doff my cap re the chaffed hands :lol:

As for partially disagree? Boxxocks, that is how class WAS defined. So, if you are not partaking in manual labour I can assume you are what might be called a 'white collar' worker? Do you have any professional qualifications relating to teaching, accountancy, medicine, architecture, legal etc or any other employment historically known as a 'profession'? Not actually interested if you are a lady of the night!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
As a white working class person myself I can’t say I treat them with suspicion.

Well, you would say that, but then I expect nothing less from someone who is as supercilious and condescending as you are.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/11/28/joseph-rowntree-whiteworking-class_n_1115060.html

To quote the research by the Joseph Rowntree Trust:

The Joseph Rowntree Foundation Chief Executive, Julia Unwin CBE, said: “We know there are real concerns that many people in traditional white working-class areas are becoming increasingly disconnected with the political system and feel their views, experiences and interests are ignored by policy makers. This research highlights the real potential we have to grasp opportunities to engage with and support many of those who feel let down and ‘last in line’.”

You may think that the white working class are on the Labour bus, but you are severely mistaken.

I say that as the son of a roof tiler bought up in Moulsecoomb...........you are born into your class.

The Labour Party is charging white people extra to attend a Jeremy Corbyn rally in Loughborough, Leicestershire, on February 17th.

How on eart can they get away with this?

If you want to charge less to certain groups reduce the price for all !
They are basically saying if you are white don’t come along.

What a bunch of NASTY people. In today’s 2018 world I can’t believe it. A whiff of 1930s Germany.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...arges-white-people-extra-attend-corbyn-rally/

Oh do **** off you total liar. The 10 quid reduction is given to members who’ve already given the party money by joining BME Labour. It’s a bit like a season ticket holder discount in the club shop - putting it in the language even a total thicko like you might understand

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, you would say that, but then I expect nothing less from someone who is as supercilious and condescending as you are.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/11/28/joseph-rowntree-whiteworking-class_n_1115060.html

To quote the research by the Joseph Rowntree Trust:

The Joseph Rowntree Foundation Chief Executive, Julia Unwin CBE, said: “We know there are real concerns that many people in traditional white working-class areas are becoming increasingly disconnected with the political system and feel their views, experiences and interests are ignored by policy makers. This research highlights the real potential we have to grasp opportunities to engage with and support many of those who feel let down and ‘last in line’.”

You may think that the white working class are on the Labour bus, but you are severely mistaken.

I say that as the son of a roof tiler bought up in Moulsecoomb...........you are born into your class.

Those links relate to politics in general and not specifically the Labour Party, which is your argument. That’s some leap. You have a habit of using square links for your round arguments .....and we can guess why.

Oh, and you have forgotten to call all those who disagree with your rubbish a Tory.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Oh do **** off you total liar. The 10 quid reduction is given to members who’ve already given the party money by joining BME Labour. It’s a bit like a season ticket holder discount in the club shop - putting it in the language even a total thicko like you might understand

I’m curious, have white Labour Party members not already given the party money in other ways ? BTW I’m not a thick liar but I am interested.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Those links relate to politics in general and not specifically the Labour Party, which is your argument. That’s some leap. You have a habit of using square links for your round arguments .....and we can guess why.

Oh, and you have forgotten to call all those who disagree with your rubbish a Tory.

No it’s not, you can’t process the argument because you are a dunce. You’re essentially arguing that the Labour Party isn’t part of U.K. politics “in general”........but have it your way, of course the Labour Party is entirely aligned with the white working class, no problem what-so-ever.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/06/does-working-class-need-ask-its-labour-party-back

I haven’t needed to remind you of your Tory roots, you did a good job yourself with your attempts of describing yourself as working class. Bless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No it’s not, you can’t process the argument because you are a dunce. You’re essentially arguing that the Labour Party isn’t part of U.K. politics “in general”........but have it your way, of course the Labour Party is entirely aligned with the white working class, no problem what-so-ever.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/06/does-working-class-need-ask-its-labour-party-back

I haven’t needed to remind you of your Tory roots, you did a good job yourself with your attempts of describing yourself as working class. Bless.

Whatever, good night.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Anti white
Anti working class
Anti English
Anti U.K.
Anti USA
Anti Israel
Anti Christian

If you are or like any of the above and vote labour you want your head looking at

‘Oh it was an accident. We let Diane do the maths set the prices this year’ :)))

Labour do seem to be alienating most of the population.

I’m curious, have white Labour Party members not already given the party money in other ways ? BTW I’m not a thick liar but I am interested.

It's a fair question - but the answer is I haven't given as much as BME members who have forked out for both party membership and membership of BME Labour

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Do they?

[tweet]951453022957260801[/tweet]

Of late their views are alienating me as a floating voter. Floating voters decided elections in this country and they may well take offense. My point was that most of the British people seem to be on the list posted by [MENTION=28389]This is me[/MENTION]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Do they?

[tweet]951453022957260801[/tweet]

Shocking numbers for a so called Government In waiting, current administration on its knees , Brexit chaos, NHS underfunded, defence underfunded, schools underfunded ( have I forgotten anything)and to cap it all the most uncharismatic PM since dear old Jonny boy, all these numbers show is the country is still divided and a hung parliament is due if there was a vote! Her majesty’s opposition should be ashamed at themselves!!! The only thing imho that will improve Labours chances is to distance themselves from Momentum and the hard left!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here