Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor show BHAFC very poor show.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do the children who are recipients actually need to be relatives? For example, the woman down the road who I occasionally see in the Post Office and with whom I am on nodding acquaintance terms has just had a baby too. Would she qualify?
She certainly does qualify, but either she, or a family member, needs to apply. We have this limitation to avoid double (and more) applications. It's easy for many of us to accidentally apply for the same child. This, sadly, also applies to your girlfriend's friend who had a baby. We can provide for her brother's children and her sisters child, on the basis that your girlfriend is basically family (she's talked about babies). I'm putting off asking Chicken Run about your future children until later, now doesn't seem to be the right time.

Current list:
Mouldy Boots
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo
Triggaaar
Everest
Bozza
Papa Lazarou
LamieRobertson
Gullflyinghigh
Neville’s Breakfast
FatSuperman * 3
Stat Brother
PILTDOWN MAN
Gullsworth * 1 (2nd awaiting approval)
JBizzle
Ernest
S'hampton Seagull
Goldstone1976 * 3 (2 awaiting approval)

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think in order that my son doesnt miss out on this through my laziness could i join the list. I appreciate his qualification is 6 years away but i feel he has greater aspirations than playing so would it be possible for him to have a replica mustard jumper rather than shirt. Apologies if this is cheeky

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You're absolutely right. My motivation was to not appear either greedy or as a freeloader, but, on reflection, I can see that it would be churlish to turn down the generosity offered. It's not 5 shirts that I need though, it's 6 or 7 - 4 for the various offspring already arrived and 2 or 3 for the anticipated new mini-'76ers.

As above, could you please put me down for 6 or 7? Actually, better make that 7 - I can always return the seventh, if it turns out I only need 6.

Do the children who are recipients actually need to be relatives? For example, the woman down the road who I occasionally see in the Post Office and with whom I am on nodding acquaintance terms has just had a baby too. Would she qualify?

Hmm..I don't mean to pry but how well do you know the lady in the post office ? If it's not a personal question... Although I now support Liverpool you do have to understand that [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] does have an important (unpaid) job and Albion 'links' will
need to be thoroughly investigated before despatch of the merchandise.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
@Triggaaar

Wonder if you can help me. I'm absolutely FUMING.

I've signed up my 2 year old daughter to be a Junior Seagull but the club refused to accept her application until she supplied a valid email address. As a toddler, she has very little semblance of 'email' as a concept, let alone her own account, and I just know that her confidence has been shattered by this unreasonable request. She's on the list anyway, but 5 more years is a ****ing long time to wait, and I'm just sick of Barber's attitude when it comes to giving out free things to children.

If you could fix it for me to have a shirt I'd be forever in @Chicken Run's debt.

We're a Maoist one-child policy household in Fishersgate so would only require the one shirt. Actually better make it two as you never know your luck do you.

EDIT - Sorry I obviously meant I wanted the cash, not the shirt itself.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nooooooooooooo don't go to Palace or Pompey, please forgive the club for your late YS application!* ** ***

*I know you Mouldy you wouldn't even considerate it
** awaits reply " not like you *Gullsworth* "
*** Is the Villa game on your Agenda......It is for us in the sticks.

You know me Gullsworth, I believe in treat people how you would like to be treated and customer service is the top of the list along with bigger picture and common sense.

(as you know i could buy quite a few shirts!! it is not the money)

The whole family was coming to watch the PNE game, until my phone call, yeah you got it 4 paying customers that are now all at an age when they are ready for a 90 min match day experience.

I do not get the lack of foresight by so many.

I am not booing it's just sad to see no one cares about the small detail anymore.

Customer still need to feel valued even if they do make a mistake it doesn't cost the club anymore they just stand to gain from it, senseless if you ask me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
She certainly does qualify, but either she, or a family member, needs to apply. We have this limitation to avoid double (and more) applications. It's easy for many of us to accidentally apply for the same child. This, sadly, also applies to your girlfriend's friend who had a baby. We can provide for her brother's children and her sisters child, on the basis that your girlfriend is basically family (she's talked about babies). I'm putting off asking Chicken Run about your future children until later, now doesn't seem to be the right time.

Current list:
Mouldy Boots
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo
Triggaaar
Everest
Bozza
Papa Lazarou
LamieRobertson
Gullflyinghigh
Neville’s Breakfast
FatSuperman * 3
Stat Brother
PILTDOWN MAN
JBizzle
Ernest
S'hampton Seagull

Hang on. The net result of your decision-making is that my gf's family members, who aren't even Albion supporters, all get shirts, but my pending offspring, who surely will be Albion fans, do not. Shirley shome mishtake?

While I'm grateful for CR's upcoming generosity, I do feel that he should stump up some more cash for my benefit. Please ensure he does so, or I will complain on an internet forum.

D

Deleted member 2719

In fairness, I think most of us share that gripe. You had 6 years, 11 months and 2 days to resolve this. Shoddy.

Read again Bozza, i saw no sense in joining when she was born it would have been wasting the clubs money for six years worth of tat they would mean nothing to her, she was too young, she is only just ready for it and i did not know there was a 30 day deadline, does everyone read the small print for such things???

The deadline in my head was her 7th birthday, stupid me, seemed logical to me and i was 28 days before that.:dunce:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hang on. The net result of your decision-making is that my gf's family members, who aren't even Albion supporters, all get shirts, but my pending offspring, who surely will be Albion fans, do not. Shirley shome mishtake?

While I'm grateful for CR's upcoming generosity, I do feel that he should stump up some more cash for my benefit. Please ensure he does so, or I will complain on an internet forum.

Does your, or your GF's, family, have a history of twins, triplets etc.

You must surely build in some sort of contingency for this.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Read again Bozza, i saw no sense in joining when she was born it would have been wasting the clubs money for six years worth of tat they would mean nothing to her, she was too young, she is only just ready for it and i did not know there was a 30 day deadline, does everyone read the small print for such things???

The deadline in my head was her 7th birthday, stupid me, seemed logical to me and i was 28 days before that.:dunce:

Come on MB, crack a smile and buy everyone a pint. Get those tickets booked for Saturday and have a great family day out at the footie. It's going to be a 5-0 win..I can feel it in my bones.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I certainly do see your point Goldstone1976, but they are the current rules. The family members, who do not support Brighton, will only receive shirts if you choose to give them as gifts. This is something we strongly encourage, as it encourages them to support our great club. Rest assured that your pending offspring will receive shirts. They can have them ready and waiting as they enter the world. But the current policy is that their mother does need to be pregnant before the payment is sent. I will of course endeavor to get approval for these shirts before this pregnancy - it might be nice, for example, if the shirts are there when the future supporters are conceived - I dream, I appreciate that is not my business.

Chicken Run is very much his own man, I can only appeal to his generosity, he will make the decisions. I certainly understand your frustration that this has not been easier.

Last edited:

Is there a cut off for the free money/shirt?

It's just I've been in a meeting all morning, I fully understand if there is a cut off but will bitch like hell anyway.

Regards

Hillian

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
@Triggaaar

Wonder if you can help me. I'm absolutely FUMING.

I've signed up my 2 year old daughter to be a Junior Seagull but the club refused to accept her application until she supplied a valid email address. As a toddler, she has very little semblance of 'email' as a concept, let alone her own account, and I just know that her confidence has been shattered by this unreasonable request.
Who makes these rules? :annoyed: There's clearly no thought, just some overworked person on a computer.

She's on the list anyway, but 5 more years is a ****ing long time to wait, and I'm just sick of Barber's attitude when it comes to giving out free things to children.
5 years is totally unreasonable and that is exactly why we're here. How can you explain to a 2 year old that they have to wait the length of their entire life, and then wait that long again, and then they still won't get it?

If you could fix it for me to have a shirt I'd be forever in @Chicken Run's debt.
You're on the list.

We're a Maoist one-child policy household in Fishersgate so would only require the one shirt. Actually better make it two as you never know your luck do you.
Unfortunately, we have to wait until your partner is pregnant with your second child before we can pay for the second shirt. It does feel like an unfair policy and you're not the first to fall foul of it, and I will be discussing the policy with Chicken Run.

EDIT - Sorry I obviously meant I wanted the cash, not the shirt itself.
The money will be transferred, we trust you as the parent to know what's best to do with it.

Current list:
Mouldy Boots
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo
Triggaaar
Everest
Bozza
Papa Lazarou
LamieRobertson
Gullflyinghigh
Neville’s Breakfast
FatSuperman * 3
Stat Brother
PILTDOWN MAN
JBizzle
Ernest
S'hampton Seagull
MattBackHome

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Does your, or your GF's, family, have a history of twins, triplets etc.

You must surely build in some sort of contingency for this.

You are absolutely correct. I had twin brothers - now sadly deceased, but the point you're making stands - twins run in my family. To compound the likelihood, it's quite possible that any upcoming conceptions may have to be done by IVF (without wishing to delve into too much detail, my nether regions had an encounter with a pair of scissors about 20 years ago, so extraction of the essential components that I will be providing may need to be done by needle rather than by more natural means). I understand that a common practise of IVF practitioners is to fertilise and implant multiple embryos (up to four at a time, I believe). While not all implant in the womb typically, it's not impossible that they would.

@Triggaaar you'd best increase the quota for my pending offspring from 2-3 to a full 8 (it's possible that my gf will want to go through pregnancy twice, even if she had quads the first time. While I definitely wouldn't want to go through a second round of treatment in those circumstances, we all know who would win that argument).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here