Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Club insensitivity re crimes of state of Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Start of a new trend. Players to apologise for tenuous national wrongdoing. Dunk and Stephens to apologise for socks with sandals, Duffy for Mrs Brown's Boys, Izquierdo for the part cocaine played in the death of John Belushi, Knockaert to apologise for the execution of Knight Templar Jacques De Molay and Uwe to apologise for Kraftwerk being so crap at bringing out new albums.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brilliant fishing. Real them in from a pro Israel supporter

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Can't believe how many people fell for this one.

Truly staggering given the elevated IQ's of most NSCers

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Wow, this really is a pretty poor OP and sentiment. Agree Beram and Hemed are a hope for the future of that land, not an affront to it! If it is not a fishing trip it is pretty sophmoric politics.

beadman

Aug 27, 2003
Seven Dials
If any of these half baked , knee jerk, one line replies were prepared to read the text of my carefully drafted message they would discover the following.
The most important is aspect is the month of May - the 70th anniversary of the founding of the state of Israel & the start of brutal repression of the Palestinian people
I have no objection to players from Israel representing our club
There is a very clear distinction between Israeli citizens of different religious persuasions in terms of their rights within the country
Sport and politics cannot and never will be kept apart - the South African regime was brought to its knees through international boycotts, sport being particularly effective in this respect

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
picard.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope Üwe and Pascal are not January and August respectively.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brilliant fishing trip by the OP. Bravo. Landed some big fish tonight

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Perhaps they should not be in the calendar at all, at least until those people who share the same religious beliefs as them can start treating each other a bit better.

In fact, I suggest we should tear up both their contracts, how dare they be born in the same month that the state of Israel was created?

They are both so insensitive.

Yours, Outraged of Hove

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If any of these half baked , knee jerk, one line replies were prepared to read the text of my carefully drafted message they would discover the following.
The most important is aspect is the month of May - the 70th anniversary of the founding of the state of Israel & the start of brutal repression of the Palestinian people
I have no objection to players from Israel representing our club
There is a very clear distinction between Israeli citizens of different religious persuasions in terms of their rights within the country
Sport and politics cannot and never will be kept apart - the South African regime was brought to its knees through international boycotts, sport being particularly effective in this respect
Agree about sports and politics never being kept apart. Polish football supporters brought down the communist regime.

This topic is perfect for....... [MENTION=18]Robot Chicken[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was reeled in briefly. Very briefly.

beadman

Aug 27, 2003
Seven Dials
I am sorry so few of those posting seem capable to following the drift of a perfectly coherent argument. Perhaps I should have known better.
No one is expecting individual players to be responsible of the crimes of their individual countries - our home grown players would have a lot of explaining to do
We do not celebrate Sharpeville, the Peterloo Massacre or the Bengal Famine - we should not appear to be celebrating the founding of the State of Israel.
The issue is clear - innocent protesters are being shot and killed as a result of the events put in train 70 years ago this month. It shouldn't take a genius in the marketing department to have worked out May 2018 & Israel are a bad mix.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The club's January signings have ensured that Hemed will never play for the first team again. What more do you want?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Zzzzzzz night night

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here