Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win on Friday and we're safe

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm yet to be convinced that Southampton will win at Everton or beat Man City on the last day.

So 5 points maximum for Southampton and worst pragmatic case is it'll go down to goal difference.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Will win . If CH takes the shackles of just a little please .

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'm yet to be convinced that Southampton will win at Everton or beat Man City on the last day.

So 5 points maximum for Southampton and worst pragmatic case is it'll go down to goal difference.

But that’s irrelevant because Huddersfield will have lost all three and be down anyway... presuming Stoke occupy the other spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Imagine staying in the Premier League by beating Man United.
That is what prompted this thread really. Wouldn't it be MAGNIFICENT.

(Especially as the guy who sits next to me is a self-confessed Man U fan).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ha. Ok Icy
Arsenal: Goals Against : 48
Brighton: Goals Against: 47

And goals for ? Why am I not surprised you left that out? :wink:

Arsenal 67
Albion 32

As I said, we cannot compare ourselves to Arsenal who are apparently having a season from hell if their entitled fans are to be believed :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
IF ONLY HUGHTON WOULD GO FOR IT AND SHOW SOME "AMBITION" eh Icy !!!

Once we are safe I bloody hope he does, absolutely no excuses if he doesn’t, well imo anyway

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ha. Ok Icy
Arsenal: Goals Against : 48
Brighton: Goals Against: 47

Not sure why, but as good as that is I've a feeling our goals against tally may go up after playing City and Liverpool away.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure why, but as good as that is I've a feeling our goals against tally may go up after playing City and Liverpool away.

Please don’t try and ruin Chailey’s argument :rolleyes:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

`the point is to illustrate Hughton's record at creating well organised teams that ship few goals.
But yep . thanks its occured to me as well.

Kemp Town Boys

May 1, 2018

Southampton will not have to beat City if they beat Everton and Swansea to give them 38 points. If Swansea beat Bournemouth and Stoke they will have 39 points. A single win by Huddersfield and West Ham puts them on 38 points. It looks a big ask for Huddersfield but Chelsea and Arsenal are not looking invincible and they did beat United earlier in the season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
`the point is to illustrate Hughton's record at creating well organised teams that ship few goals.
But yep . thanks its occured to me as well.

Is there a single Albion fan that would argue with that? It is the lack of ambition away from home that is so annoying! For example, against Burnley there were a few occasions that we broke really quickly and then slowed it right down when we could have actually run at Burnley before their defence got back.

Not conceding goals is a massive achievement but we could have scored more with a little ambition, not sure why you can’t take this on board :shrug:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Once we are safe I bloody hope he does, absolutely no excuses if he doesn’t, well imo anyway

Has anything that he has done since being our manager (and before, if you believe Norwich fans) indicate that he will put out an exciting, attacking team - it's just not in his DNA it seems. I'm not criticising him, just saying that those who want the shackles taken off for our final games, I suspect, are going to be sorely disappointed. We'll see.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Has anything that he has done since being our manager (and before, if you believe Norwich fans) indicate that he will put out an exciting, attacking team - it's just not in his DNA it seems. I'm not criticising him, just saying that those who want the shackles taken off for our final games, I suspect, are going to be sorely disappointed. We'll see.

Yes, there have been occasions when we have ripped teams apart playing attacking football in spells. Maybe not so much this year but he can set up like that.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, there have been occasions when we have ripped teams apart playing attacking football in spells. Maybe not so much this year but he can set up like that.

Agreed. Yes sometimes we have been very defensive away from home but it is a policy that has by and large worked. I don't think anyone can really accuse us of not attacking the opposition at the Amex. Contrary to what some people are saying, there's been some great entertainment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here