Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Any suggestions?

Tried:

1) vinegar and washing powder mix
2) washing powder and hot water
3) poking around
4) turning it off and on

caustic soda has been suggested. Any other suggestions?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes. Guaranteed to succeed too. Ish.

Tie a plastic bag around the end of an old-style floor mop (the type which looks like it has dreads). Insert mop head into the loo. Pump vigorously. Problem solved.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a PLUNGER!?

the problem with plungers is they dont fit the shape of the toilet orifice well, so dont work as intended. i like the hose pipe idea, wish i'd thought of that when dealing with this ( flexible enough to get the U bend but stiff enough to apply useful pressure to the blockage)

the problem with plungers is they dont fit the shape of the toilet orifice well, so dont work as intended. i like the hose pipe idea, wish i'd thought of that when dealing with this ( flexible enough to get the U bend but stiff enough to apply useful pressure to the blockage)

Just remember to stop sucking just before the liquid reaches your mouth.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Yes. Guaranteed to succeed too. Ish.

Tie a plastic bag around the end of an old-style floor mop (the type which looks like it has dreads). Insert mop head into the loo. Pump vigorously. Problem solved.

Happened on this solution last year and it works great. :thumbsup:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Another DIY plunger is to cut the bottom off a large (1 or 1 1/2 litre) plastic drink bottle, leave the cap on and use that as a plunger.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There is no other way, assuming the the blockage is around the bend and the stack pipe isn't full up. You just have to get your arm as far round the bend as it will go, and pull out the offending whole toilet roll, a collection of stuff that has been harvested from some lady garden, children's toys, Lego. If you can think of it, it's down your toilet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A marigold glove and a bucket to dump the shit that you scoop out into will be a start. Then try some serious drain unblocker. Rather you than me :smile:

Edit I think [MENTION=12195]skipper734[/MENTION] has beaten me to it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here