Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When Does Maty Go AWOL?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Of course, no one has breached the 'what if he gets injured' scenario yet :eek::eek:

Don't worry - I covered the nightmare scenario earier in the thread :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

I knew we would be losing Ryan for the best part of a month so he could represent Australia, but I had no idea it was for the equiviant of a Sunday morning pub league, unless of course I have fallen victim to some massive "woosh." Jordan? Palestine? Syria? It's bad enough he will be gone for a month - God forbid he gets injured in this noddy round of matches. Joke.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I believe Duffy has experience of playing Jordan away from home. Quite a stiff test.

Apparently, the playing surface is now in appalling condition. It used to be ok. Overuse I think the problem might be

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I believe Duffy has experience of playing Jordan away from home. Quite a stiff test.

Playing Jordan you need to work the channels and get in behind as much as possible

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
:facepalm:

I knew we would be losing Ryan for the best part of a month so he could represent Australia, but I had no idea it was for the equiviant of a Sunday morning pub league, unless of course I have fallen victim to some massive "woosh." Jordan? Palestine? Syria? It's bad enough he will be gone for a month - God forbid he gets injured in this noddy round of matches. Joke.

Be very careful, you could find Hamas will issue a death warrant on you. :nono:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Be very careful, you could find Hamas will issue a death warrant on you. :nono:

Maty Ryan: Boss, I need to take January off
Hughton: That's a bit awkward Maty. We've some big games coming up - Man Utd away and Liverpool at home.
Maty Ryan: I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important boss - I'm playing for Australia.
Hughton: Well, I can understand that. Nothing quite like representing your country in big international fixtures. Who are you playing?
Maty Ryan: Jordan, Palestine and Syria
Hughton: Are you shitting me?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
From what I've seen recently, thanks to a resolute back line, he's only made a few routine saves that even an understudy could make so won't be missed......just the goal celebration maybe

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
From what I've seen recently, thanks to a resolute back line, he's only made a few routine saves that even an understudy could make so won't be missed......just the goal celebration maybe

Hmmm without the assurity of having someone like Maty behind them, would that defence be quite as resolute though?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Neither of them are good enough to play in the Premier League. It is debatable about their ability to play in the Championship, let alone this level.

That's my big worry too, although maybe we shouldn't condemn them until they have kicked a ball, (or in their case made a save). We can only hope that Ben Roberts coaching has been working wonders on them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
PEDANT ALERT.

Absent Without Leave should really be AWL, because "out" isn't a separate word. It's filed it the same pedant drawer as "PIN number" when the "N" in "PIN" is number already.

I need to get out more.

Well in all my time of being alive, (quite a few years now), I can honestly say that I have only ever known absent without leave shortened to AWOL.

May be it's me that needs to get out more.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well in all my time of being alive, (quite a few years now), I can honestly say that I have only ever known absent without leave shortened to AWOL.

May be it's me that needs to get out more.

Blame the Yanks for messing around with the language.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here