Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So I take it The Moggester has shot his bolt too soon?

I'm guessing he doesn't have 47 friends - no great surprise.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You do all realise this is all just a big distraction? Divide and conquer whilst something bigger is going on.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So I take it The Moggester has shot his bolt too soon?

I'm guessing he doesn't have 47 friends - no great surprise.

They've been saying they have 48 letters since last Friday but still not reached their target yet.

In truth, nobody wants to be PM until this is over, because she's on a hiding to nothing. That's why they're allowing 'that woman' to do their dirty work.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bloody hell. I guessed that sheep might have been enfrachised, but surely turkeys don't get a vote in Wales. Nobody believes that, do they? Well, OK, you're a leaver so..............

It's probably because of Brexit............................

No, you are far too clever for me...don't get that at all.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No, you are far too clever for me...don't get that at all.

Don't mind his passive aggressiveness when you criticise Brexit, especially with some relevant bloody facts you mad man!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They've been saying they have 48 letters since last Friday but still not reached their target yet.

In truth, nobody wants to be PM until this is over, because she's on a hiding to nothing. That's why they're allowing 'that woman' to do their dirty work.

Guardian this morning says 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Someone has speculated that Boris' cronies withdrew their letters when Mogg made a big thing about sending his letter in to make the plum talking tosser look ( even more ) stupid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Someone has speculated that Boris' cronies withdrew their letters when Mogg made a big thing about sending his letter in to make the plum talking tosser look ( even more ) stupid.

I noticed Maria Caulfield has deleted her tweet from last Saturday saying she had put her letter in.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Rees-Mogg's lap dog Steve Baker has badly overestimated this as well. He was saying on Friday 48 were already in.

What a shame.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We are at the point where we have a little clarity, this deal or a tweaked version of it, No Deal, or Remain.

But I think there is still a lot of fantasy going on about no deal.
No deal is not likely to produce a situation where we give the EU none of the divorce settlement, we will seek to have a number of Bi-lateral agreements, and leaving them with our debt is going to make that a bit tougher on us. My reckoning is we will pay a bit less though.
If we leave with No Deal on the 29th March, there is no certainty of a transition period being afforded us, it might happen to save us from a cliff edge, if the EU can see a benefit for them too, like getting all the divorce settlement, and not facing the cliff edge themselves, even if their cliff is a lot smaller.
We would need to have bi-lateral agreements in many areas, this would involve us adopting EU rules in those areas, no big change for us then, but we would still have the effective situation that a lot of our new laws each year originate in Brussels, only this time, we didn't help create them.
No deal is likely to end up with us looking quite like the Swiss in a few years time in regards to our relationship with the EU. Freedom of movement is likely to return at some point in the future, as a bi lateral agreement, we will of course make the sovereign decision in Parliament to accept it, and not have it forced upon us, but the end result is very similar, only worse because we can't shape the rules.

I can't be certain that Free movement will return, but neither is it possible to say it will never return, as a non member state.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Rees-Mogg's lap dog Steve Baker has badly overestimated this as well. He was saying on Friday 48 were already in.

What a shame.

Might have been that comment that stayed the hand of a few, no need to stick your head above the parapet if the job is done. I think it is 26 that have gone public but rumoured to be closer in reality, 6 short is what I read.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

'That woman'? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here