Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] My music documentary - THE WEDDING PRESENT : SOMETHING LEFT BEHIND

boik

It’s unlikely to play locally again. I think the Duke of York’s took a lot of persuading to even put this one on, even though it practically sold out in the end. It’s playing London in November though. Date TBC.

Other than that... Leeds, Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast and a couple more overseas to come so far.

Sounds like London will be my last realistic chance to catch it. Really gutted to have missed the Brighton showing.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You’ve filmed those interviews real nice

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Really enjoyed last night’s set. They are all a bit worn out today after that record breaking ‘Take Me’ outro. Gedge had just picked up the bar tab for everyone though after a celebratory roast, which was nice!

I often wondered where the bingo takings went.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
You’re definitely excused!
Hope things went “really well” and you made it last night at least.

Really well indeed!

However ....Worst hangover for 5+ years, those early curfews for the gigs at the C2 are great if you have discipline and go home rather than feeling all immortal and hitting it like I did 30 years ago.

Look forward to seeing the film in due course.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Guessing there will be a DVD release some point?

There will, yes. Probably not until early next year though.
Lot's of screenings to get out of the way first with some festival ones still requiring different levels of geographic premiere and that no digital or physical copy is currently available.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Lot's of screenings to get out of the way first with some festival ones still requiring different levels of geographic premiere and that no digital or physical copy is currently available.

Great, look forward to it. Living in Dubai I don't stand much chance of seeing it otherwise!

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Sounds like London will be my last realistic chance to catch it. Really gutted to have missed the Brighton showing.

The London screening is on sale:
http://riocinema.org.uk/RioCinema.dll/WhatsOn?Film=10926453

I'm not officially allowed to announce it until tomorrow when the full film festival programme is revealed. But it leaked when the cinema made the site live too early and people are buying tickets already.

Full info for the event:
The Wedding Present: Something Left Behind.
London Premiere + Q&A with the director, Shaun Charman and David Gedge, hosted by Shaun Keaveny (BBC 6 Music).

Clashes with Everton away though I think. After going last year I'm not in a rush for a repeat.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

Last reminder for anyone in the London area. The Wedding Present documentary 'Something Left Behind' screens as part of Doc'n Roll Film Festival tomorrow (Saturday 3rd November) at 4pm at the Rio in Dalston. Shaun Keaveny of BBC 6Music will host a Q&A following the film, which includes myself, David Gedge and Shaun Charman.

Tickets here: http://riocinema.org.uk/RioCinema.dll/WhatsOn?Film=10926453

DnR_TWP_Social.png

After recent screenings in Barcelona and Madrid it is back to these shores now. There are forthcoming screenings in Leeds, Cork, Nottingham and Liverpool before the year is out:
https://www.somethingleftbehind.com/screenings

SomethingLeftBehind_FilmStill_3 copy.jpg

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good luck with the London show - hope it goes well. I’ve told all the Leeds alumni I could think of.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Alas, I have to work all day Saturday otherwise I would make the trip. Funnily enough, I was invited to the premiere screening of a new Anti-Nowhere League documentary tonight, also in London, I appear for about two seconds in it, your Weddoes one I hope I’m in for about half a second!

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Alas, I have to work all day Saturday otherwise I would make the trip. Funnily enough, I was invited to the premiere screening of a new Anti-Nowhere League documentary tonight, also in London, I appear for about two seconds in it, your Weddoes one I hope I’m in for about half a second!

Sounds like quite the burgeoning film career you have there!
Shame you can't make it tomorrow.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Good luck with the London show - hope it goes well. I’ve told all the Leeds alumni I could think of.

Thanks. Much appreciated.
The film will be returning to its spiritual home of LS6 when it plays at the Hyde Park Picturehouse on the 10th. Part of the Leeds International Film Festival.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
For anyone interested this film will be having a final Brighton screening this summer.

Just as last year it is an early(ish) show at 4:45pm on Friday 9th August. Due to the fact it is opening the band's 'At The Edge Of The Sea' 2-day festival again, which kicks off at 7pm that night down at Concorde 2. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with myself (director) and David Gedge. After last year's sold out Duke of York's show I have gone for screen 1 at Duke's at Komedia this time around to mix it up (and it's slightly nearer Concorde). Get in quick if you want a sofa! https://www.picturehouses.com/cinem...e-wedding-present-something-left-behind-qanda

Had some really great screenings lately and off to Dublin and Belfast this weekend with it, so spread the word if you know anyone there:
https://www.somethingleftbehind.com/screenings

"A fantastic documentary... a brilliant piece of work" - Shaun Keaveny (BBC 6 Music).

"A moving, intimate and thorough document of place, time and memory" - Disarm Magazine.

"One of the most honest, poignant and moving music documentaries" - OutsideLeft.

SLB_DOY_QA copy.jpg

boik

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Any update on the availability of a digital/DVD version? Looking back on this thread, you hoped it might be early 2019...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Finally got to see it this evening, excellent work, mate. Thoroughly enjoyed it, I had a few tears in the eye watching the early footage as it took me back to the 80s. Lovely stuff.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here