Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh dear....Dale Stephens

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be honest, I think I would have preferred him not to play. With him we revert to the 4-4-1-1 that Huddersfield have shown they can counter. If we'd've stuck with the same 4-3-3 line up from Leicester, maybe things would have been more tidy...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dale Stephens aided by a good ref, possibly in the top 3 in the league, did very well to not get a 2nd yellow card at Palace.

You were watching another match. First one was never a yellow. Second tackle attempt was a yellow but he got away with that one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You were watching another match. First one was never a yellow. Second tackle attempt was a yellow but he got away with that one.

Credit to the referee for realising it would have been a soft 2 yellows. The one person I thought was lucky in regard of cards was Cabaye.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I must be watching a different player, he's nowhere near as good as all the hype over him

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Had it been the idiot who sent off Propper or our old friend The Complete And Utter Shyster he would have got a 2nd yellow from any of the 2 or 3 times that the ref spoke to him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Further proof of how Hughton is messing with us at his press conferences.

Do as I do now, avoid them, there is enough stress involved just watching the Albion without letting CH mess with our minds between games. :wink:

Phew I did think this was a Stephen’s injury resurrection when I saw this thread back at the top.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Credit to the referee for realising it would have been a soft 2 yellows. The one person I thought was lucky in regard of cards was Cabaye.

Marriner was top class on Saturday. He handed out those early bookings to Stephens and Milivojovic, both made fouls thereafter, but he realised it was a frantic, high-tempo game devoid of malice and refereed it accordingly.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I must be watching a different player, he's nowhere near as good as all the hype over him

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Some should try watching his whole performances week in, week out, instead of focussing on his admittedly too frequent misplaced passes and you might see what the majority see.
He can spend 89 minutes being the totally dominant midfielder on the pitch, and 1 minute giving the ball away ... and some on here focus on the 1 minute of bad and pay no attention to the 89 minutes of good.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
Some should try watching his whole performances week in, week out, instead of focussing on his admittedly too frequent misplaced passes and you might see what the majority see.
He can spend 89 minutes being the totally dominant midfielder on the pitch, and 1 minute giving the ball away ... and some on here focus on the 1 minute of bad and pay no attention to the 89 minutes of good.

Agree - I've been critical in the past and didn't think his transfer would be the disaster that some on here believed, however of all the players, he's the one we miss the most. He is the spirit of the team, the engine and all the other cliches but he is, with Dunk our genuine Premier league player

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Had it been the idiot who sent off Propper or our old friend The Complete And Utter Shyster he would have got a 2nd yellow from any of the 2 or 3 times that the ref spoke to him.

Anthony Taylor, allegedly the best refereethis country can produce, sent off Davy Propper last week. Doesn't fill you with too much confidence does it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that both Michael Oliver and Andre Marriner are far better than Taylor who apart from the Propper Red Card I thought that he was poor. I thought Marriner was very good on Saturday.

Not so sure about the ref tomorrow Kevin Friend

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here