Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Propper Turn

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That Propper turn was stunning, we had a great view of it from our vantage point in the WSU, it was right below us. Pure brilliance.

Its actually better than a Cruyff turn IMO, technically much more difficult. Perhaps the nutmeg was a touch fortuitous, but what a glorious piece of skill.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Just a different view of the (beautiful) game then. I remembered the skill at the time and when I look at the clip it really was superb - this will linger in my memory more than anything else about the game or the result.

You must remember Teixeira vividly then, he used to do stuff like that all the time which rarely influenced games.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Hey, sorry if I touched a nerve. It was a jokey response to your differing opinion which, of course, you don't have to justify. I was fairly comfortable that you aren't the guy who sits behind me!

No not touched any nerve, and sorry if it came across that way, I just thought Stephens didn't play well today which different from saying that he is rubbish, shouldn't be selected and can't score a goal. I. along with others on this forum thought that he did not have a good game, I think that has been born out by other comments on this forum. Sometimes, we have to accept that our favourite players don't play well or live up to our expectations, it happens and in my opinion he didn't have a good game.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
He's not far off being mine either. He moves the ball quickly, has good vision, and is quick over short distances. I wish he'd manage to bring his PSV/Holland finishing to the Albion too, but it might come.

Think we might have finally found something to agree on...

Of my group of 7 who sit together he really divides opinions - I think he’s more or less the complete midfielder.

I told one of the detractors to spend ten minutes watching just him and his vision, movement and abilities shone through and he admitted he kind of got it now.

Am expecting big things next season between him and Locadia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Am I right in saying that if his red card appeal fails, they will penalise him a further 3 more games suspension, which would rule him out of playing any more games this season?

They only impose a one game extra ban for those appeals that are deemed 'frivolous'. Apparently there's no chance that it will be regarded as such.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here