Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
One of those annoying clashes coming up. British Sea Power playing the same night as go kart mozart

Jul 7, 2003
Some interesting gigs coming up at the Lewes Con Club including Geno Washington, Peter & The Test Tube Babies and also the Urban Voodoo Machine.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've pre-bought the new Tracey Thorn album from Rough Trade which means that I can get to see her perform a few tracks from this next month at their store. I got the info from [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION], we both agreed it would be a brilliant thing to see and I ended up buying the last ticket. Wozza lucked out. Sorry mate!

Also bought tickets for my youngest to see The Eels at Brixton Academy for his birthday. I've got him 2 tickets and I'd love it if I was his plus one but it will be his first ever visit to Brixton, my favourite music venue, and I want his first trip there to be special too so in some ways I'd prefer it if he takes along a good mate and enjoys the occasion with them instead.

Extremely peed off though that tickets are £35 each plus a £3..75 levy plus £9.40 service charge plus £2.50 facility charge plus £2.75 delivery charge (they're print at home tickets). That's £15 worth of extras on a £35 ticket. Absolutely scandalous.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've pre-bought the new Tracey Thorn album from Rough Trade which means that I can get to see her perform a few tracks from this next month at their store. I got the info from [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION], we both agreed it would be a brilliant thing to see and I ended up buying the last ticket. Wozza lucked out. Sorry mate!

Also bought tickets for my youngest to see The Eels at Brixton Academy for his birthday. I've got him 2 tickets and I'd love it if I was his plus one but it will be his first ever visit to Brixton, my favourite music venue, and I want his first trip there to be special too so in some ways I'd prefer it if he takes along a good mate and enjoys the occasion with them instead.

Extremely peed off though that tickets are £35 each plus a £3..75 levy plus £9.40 service charge plus £2.50 facility charge plus £2.75 delivery charge (they're print at home tickets). That's £15 worth of extras on a £35 ticket. Absolutely scandalous.

Maybe he's got a lucky lady in mind, that's a cool date. BUT that is scandalous indeed on extras WTF 2.75 delivery when you print your own? and 9.40 service charge, what on earth, thats ludicrous. (Ally Pally is better than Brixton imo btw)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hello! Interest peaked in this event now. The Glastonbury jam was epic!

If you've not been before I did it last year and really enjoyed it. Food was really great, there was enough good music without it feeling too rushed, never felt too crowded. There was lots of 'mum's pissed' going on but it was pretty funny really.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If you've not been before I did it last year and really enjoyed it. Food was really great, there was enough good music without it feeling too rushed, never felt too crowded. There was lots of 'mum's pissed' going on but it was pretty funny really.

I will suggest this to my currently bereft Glastonbury group, that line-up does look pretty good.

On a completely different tack I'm currently considering a week at Metal Days in Slovenia at the end of July, there is a beach and cheap bee, it sounds very appealing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Maybe he's got a lucky lady in mind, that's a cool date. BUT that is scandalous indeed on extras WTF 2.75 delivery when you print your own? and 9.40 service charge, what on earth, thats ludicrous. (Ally Pally is better than Brixton imo btw)

maPhqEr.jpg

There's a £2.50 levy in the £37.50 ticket price. An absolute rip-off. It's an internet purchase, absolutely nothing for the ticket handlers to do.

Agreed, it is a cool gig and if he's got a lucky lady then it should be one to remember. As lovely as the Ally Pally is on the eye, it's huge and can feel a bit empty. Brixton never feels like that. Also Brixton has the sloping floor so you can see the gig from anywhere.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just realised I’m in Brighton when Hookworms play. If in the unlikely event of anyone having one or two spares I will absolutely 100% take them off your hands.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just realised I’m in Brighton when Hookworms play. If in the unlikely event of anyone having one or two spares I will absolutely 100% take them off your hands.

Another member of this thread has already made that request, and hasn't seen them recently either. You'll have to take sloppy seconds, in the unlikely event that any spare tickets materialise.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another member of this thread has already made that request, and hasn't seen them recently either. You'll have to take sloppy seconds, in the unlikely event that any spare tickets materialise.

I understand :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here