Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bench for stoke

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I read that he was a winger who can play in the middle but perhaps its the other way around a striker who can play on the wing. We shall have to just wait and see as I am sure hardly anybody on here had heard of him prior to our interest.

Read the programme from the 'ammers match... he is a striker, who can play on the wing... straight from the horses mouth as it were...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
No he didn't play badly IMHO...

I agree, i thought Knocky worked hard, was direct, available, passed the ball quicker, and was up for it. He also stepped out of the pre-match line up (before handshakes) to encourage the Albion players to applaud back to the fans; he's a one man cheerleading team and still worth a start in most matches ... Imho

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Baldock playing in the reserves tonight - set uo a goal for Tilley. May not bode well, which is a shame as I would like to see him play aklongside Murray/Lokadia.

Attachments

• DVSk5BPWsAEYcjF.jpg
    DVSk5BPWsAEYcjF.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 180

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not sure Locadia will be in the squad. The only scenario where he would get on would be if we were chasing the game with 20-25 to go and I'm not sure that will be the best introduction to PL football away at Stoke, particularly when we have several options. Plus he gets another week to be sure the injury is fully recovered.

Starting against Coventry seems a very sensible introduction

Hughton has already implied he will be.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Come on seriously. Clearly offers more than just a poan striker. Why wouldnt we play him wide if needed?
Er, it isn't about 'if needed'.

It was a response to a post stating we had 2 wingers on the pitch and 2 on the bench and therefore had no tactical change if required.

It is very relevant then to reply that he is a striker, not a winger, and by implication DOES therefore offer a tactical difference.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very little to chose then, we shall see how CH uses him.
But not primarily a winger - much, much more of a striker than Knockaert, March, Izquierdo or Skalak - and absolutely offering a tactical change off the bench, which you suggested he didn't.

Last edited:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I hope we cope better with Shawcross than we did at home. If not we could be back to struggling from set pieces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here