Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have to be positive, no point in moaning about the way we are playing, I'll let others do that for me, that's what they seem good at.
Chris Hughton , if he reads all this negativity, will probably grimace, laugh then grimace again :wink:
He'll get us out of this predicament the players are leading us into, I know it's about unleashing, but best be cautious and not lose than gungho and get mullered IMO.
Gungho isn't the only alternative to over-cautious defensive play!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ok, I am going to fly in the face of most here... I have just checked the league table and there are 5 teams below us - and I'm guessing their fans, with the possible exception of Swansea will all be saying the same as us!

What you have to look at is the ridiculous situation that there are only 4 points between our "we're doomed Captain Mainwaring" fans and Bournemouth in 10th place, 10th place a position I am sure everyone would bite the hand of our master Sky off for.

Anyone who thought this season would be easy clearly isn't a Brighton fan, and those that criticise Hughton's try not to lose tactics obviously don't appreciate the pressure that is on the whole club to survive this first season in the Premier League. If people really expected us to "go for it" then they were seriously deluded.

Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Horseshite. We were 5/1 with the bookies tonight for a reason. Away wins at established PL clubs do not come easy.

We are still building the quality of our squad buying off the 3rd or 4th shelf.

That is a good point tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They certainly don't come easy when you park the bus for 70 minutes.....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Good result lads. Not great, but good.
Can see why Saints are down there: nothing at all up front. They're well in the relegation scrap.

Take the point and on to Saturday.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
An away point and up one position in the league not that terrible, shurely? We have had worse days (and will have a few more) this season. Beat West Ham and we will be gurgling with delight.

Ok, I am going to fly in the face of most here... I have just checked the league table and there are 5 teams below us - and I'm guessing their fans, with the possible exception of Swansea will all be saying the same as us!

What you have to look at is the ridiculous situation that there are only 4 points between our "we're doomed Captain Mainwaring" fans and Bournemouth in 10th place, 10th place a position I am sure everyone would bite the hand of our master Sky off for.

Anyone who thought this season would be easy clearly isn't a Brighton fan, and those that criticise Hughton's try not to lose tactics obviously don't appreciate the pressure that is on the whole club to survive this first season in the Premier League. If people really expected us to "go for it" then they were seriously deluded.

Saints will be as depressed as us but not the others

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
1 point between 6 teams. Wow that's close. Better point for us than it is for Southampton. We get a point away and Stoke, Newcastle and Southampton get one at home. We pull a point further away from WBA. Not a great night, but not bad.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Indeed.

Huddersfield have spent 60% of the season 'going for it'. Plenty on NSC creaming their pants about them until around Christmas time.
It's got them 24 points and a -25 goal difference. Both worse than us.

Remember: NSC knows nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here