Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can everyone stop shitting their pants please.....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not in my eyes no. Neither is it in the eyes of the club, otherwise why have they have been chasing all these unsuccessful targets, at least all the time Hughton has been here.

The point is either they can't bring in strikers in the past 3 years , they did. A pair who scored 70+ goals and got us promoted to the annoyance of every other Champ club who wanted the same for the amount of ££ we spent.

Or is it , they (the club - not the recruitment team successfully identified 4 players who agreed terms in the summer) - failed to do so in the summer and in previous seasons provide cover or (upgrade) for Baldock to prepare us for the Prem league.
Agreed on the latter but thats not what you said.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think you will find that Murray is the only striker signing for the first team in close on three years. Baldock signed 2014 Hemed 2015

Yes. I do remember ! You said three years not close to three years or 2 and a half years or 2 years.

Zamora did ok in 2015 as well.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I believe the plan has been to win your (winnable) home games and nick something away.

The winnable home games left are:

West Ham
Swansea
Leicester
Huddersfield

Meaning we need to win all of these and get 5 points on the road.
1 or 2 more slip ups and we will have run out of road for this approach.

2 of our away games are against teams below us.
Going into those games with a view of 1 point is a good result would be a mistake, in my view.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Saturday was grim. Very grim although if Knockaert had kept the ball down and jumped a bit earlier when on the line then who knows... but this thread, and a few others like it, are a bit like a post- mortem when the patient , if given the right treatment due to be dispensed in the next week or so, could probably live for years. Or at least a few seasons more.

Now lets hope we can find the right treatment ...

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
3 points off 10th place in the league and outside the relegation zone, would have snapped your hand off if you offered me this when the August transfer window closed.

A quality addition up front in this window and I think we will be fine.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Some total over reactions as expected.

This was always coming at some point during the season, to think otherwise would be silly.

Time to ban myself until we get a decent result I think, the negativity is depressing.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I just keep looking at those last 4 games. If we are not 4 or 5 pts from safety with 4 games to go. We are in serious danger of going down. We are currently 3 with Chelsea up next. I'd say it's fare to be concerned. Because we can't score goals, inflexible with tactics, totally predictable and one dimensional. Quite frankly we been sussed...And unless we get some proven quality in, a striker being essential. We are going down. If people don't want to see it. That's up to them.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Some total over reactions as expected.

This was always coming at some point during the season, to think otherwise would be silly.

Time to ban myself until we get a decent result I think, the negativity is depressing.

Negativity or realism??? some people just cant stand being told the truth.

I prefer the realistic truth which suggest we are going down unless things change. Personnel, tactics being the most obvious ones.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
The only people shitting there proverbial pants are the members of the boardroom. Wondering what to do, when six clubs around them have replaced there mangers this season. and 4 of them showing improvements.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Interestingly Hughton today saying leaving signings late in the window makes it a lottery. Sounds like he is getting nervous about our chances of bringing players in.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It is the realisation that it is a very distinct possibility which it wsnt 3 weeks ago.

Quite. Just wait until we lose at home to Hudds, West Ham and Swansea, when it'll become a probability. I can't believe we still haven't signed a striker - how much bloody longer do we need?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Interestingly Hughton today saying leaving signings late in the window makes it a lottery. Sounds like he is getting nervous about our chances of bringing players in.

Hardly a surprise with our track record. I'd be mega pissed off if I were him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The only people shitting there proverbial pants are the members of the boardroom. Wondering what to do, when six clubs around them have replaced there mangers this season. and 4 of them showing improvements.

Or looking at a certain Yorkshire boardroom who must be scratching their heads after signing a £14m key target attacking player last week, playing him in a winnable game and promptly losing 4-1 at home.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
People letting off steam is to be expected. I went yesterday and we were gash, doesn't mean I won't be bang up for it next game though.

A steaming shit in their pants, and steaming piss in the beds?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I believe the plan has been to win your (winnable) home games and nick something away.

The winnable home games left are:

West Ham
Swansea
Leicester
Huddersfield

Meaning we need to win all of these and get 5 points on the road.
1 or 2 more slip ups and we will have run out of road for this approach.

2 of our away games are against teams below us.
Going into those games with a view of 1 point is a good result would be a mistake, in my view.

Agree with this.

Saturday really should of been built as a must win. Should of been a hell of a build up to it like West Brom did.

Nothing struck me in the build up that we really saw this as a crucial crucial game.

Needs to change for the games you've said.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree with this.

Saturday really should of been built as a must win. Should of been a hell of a build up to it like West Brom did.

Nothing struck me in the build up that we really saw this as a crucial crucial game.

Needs to change for the games you've said.

Bearing in mind the relative positions at the time, weren't Everton, Stoke, Southampton and Bournemouth all 'winnable' home games?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Or looking at a certain Yorkshire boardroom who must be scratching their heads after signing a £14m key target attacking player last week, playing him in a winnable game and promptly losing 4-1 at home.

At least they are having a go, and wont be left with 'What if.....' questions at the end of the season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At least they are having a go, and wont be left with 'What if.....' questions at the end of the season.

I knew it. The answer to getting those crucial 15 points , save our season and get the signings over the line is to "have a go".

PS: Perhaps by taking off your most expensive signing at half time when you're one down. And switching to 4-4-2 but still losing 2-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here