Votes: 58 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 64 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
With our outdated system of first past the post, there's been a lot of talk about strategic or tactical voting. Almost all of it directed towards an anti-Tory vote

It worked for Justin Turdeau in Canada 2 years ago, will it really come into play here? Plenty of 2 horse races around the country...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah, a vote for Labour in my Brecon and Radnorshire constituency is a wasted vote. I'll be voting Lib.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes. Labour supporter, voting Lib Dem in the Winchester & Chandlers Ford marginal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arundel and South Downs is so blue that my vote has never been effective in my whole adult lifetime. I have been constructively disenfranchised. That said, I'd have no qualms about voting tactically in a seat that had even the vaguest prospect of ousting aTory incumbent.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Arundel and South Downs is so blue that my vote has never been effective in my whole adult lifetime. I have been constructively disenfranchised. That said, I'd have no qualms about voting tactically in a seat that had even the vaguest prospect of ousting aTory incumbent.

I feel your pain, it is probably the Bluest seat in Britain...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I would vote tactically around here, but a straight Tory / Lib fight round here, Lib for me after Tory MP turned her back on her constituents over Brexit.

West Oxford is perfect for Labour voter not wanting a Tory MP and going Lib, they never win here

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am seriously torn here. Whilst l would normally do everything possible to prevent another Tory Prime Minister returning to Downing Street, my constituency, Arun and South Downs, hasn't elected anything other than a Conservative ever since Noah was a boy. so there is little l can do to change that.

That being the case l'm tempted to just vote with my heart, and being a passionate supporter of the EU, may just plump for our Green Party candidate, as part of their manifesto is to scrap Brexit, and remain members of the European Union.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I couldn't vote for someone I don't support. I just believe that's wrong and symptomatic of the negative politics we seem to be burdened with on all sides.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yup. Labour voter voting Lib Dems in Kingston and Surbiton
Think I know another one of those... [MENTION=3508]fisons[/MENTION] ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I couldn't vote for someone I don't support. I just believe that's wrong and symptomatic of the negative politics we seem to be burdened with on all sides.

Not really, IMO - its more just an inevitable product of our FPTP electoral system.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Think I know another one of those... [MENTION=3508]fisons[/MENTION] ?

It's a closely run seat. Was lib dems for years before 2015. I got roped into delivering lib dem leaflets between 2008 and 2010.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I wasn't going to vote until a few weeks ago and then saw JC actually making an impression and gave me the thought that I would vote.

Then I saw that Labour are represented in my area by Sophie Cook - I won't be voting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here