Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I can't be bothered replying to you, you abused me with childish insults earlier in this thread, so why should I bother?

I don't bother listening to your opinion any more because it's not about anything happening on the pitch, just your overbearing need to position yourself as NSC's No 1 superfan who never says anything remotely critical about the club or players. Just cringingly dull.

As compared to the abuse you've given me (in this thread and before). So you can give it out but not take it.

What you don't get is I stand up for players who get massively unwarranted abuse e.g. Barnes before and now Stockdale. NSC has to have a scapegoat and it annoys me. It is nothing to do with wanting to be a superfan but I do try to actually support the team rather than coming on an Internet forum and slagging them off. I genuinely don't understand how that makes me anything other than a supporter of my club but I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I like Stockdale. He's clearly a team orientated guy and I actually think he's a better keeper than TK.

Here are his stats for this season
http://www.espnfc.us/player/31378/david-stockdale

Vs Tommy K for last season
http://www.espnfc.com/player/13943/tomasz-kuszczak?season=2013

In simple terms he's made more saves. Yes stats can be manipulated etc and of course he does make errors, however I would add this;

His distribution is much better.
He gives it his all every game.
He has made some amazing saves
He's younger than kooshack

One other thing. Kisschick made errors too. Lots of them.

Stockdale, Dunk, Ince, JFC, Stephens and Kayal are IMO the core that we have to build on next season. Unfortunately it's possible that the majority of them won't even be with us.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It doesn't help. He would probably have been more keen to sign a new contract and not forced us to sell or lose him for nothing. I actually think, in Barnes' case, it was a part of him leaving.

For what it's worth, I lived in the same street as a pro footballer and had a conversation with him about his next club. Not moving house, length of contract, the amount he could get per week, the manager (at one club who were interested, the manager was known to make them work from 9 till FIVE O CLOCK in the evening, the b'stard) and where his mates in the game were, were some of the considerations he mentioned. He never mentioned fans once. In fact, the only time I can recall him talking about fans was how much he enjoyed dogs abuse from opposition fans and how much he hated autograph days at his place.

Barnes never struck me as someone who cares what others think. I'd be hard pressed to believe some fans views registered more than a blip on his radar in his career decisions.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I like Stockdale. He's clearly a team orientated guy and I actually think he's a better keeper than TK.

IMO Kuszczak was the better keeper out of the two if you compare their first season at the club.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Argus today

Greer (who I have been very critical of this season).. "Greer branded the display in defeat at Wigan as “not good enough” and admitted fans had every right to boo their side off." “We will give our all next Saturday and hopefully we will get the result we want.”

Stockdale :tantrum: everbody hates me :bla: "Albion goalkeeper David Stockdale hit back at critics after the Wigan defeat."

The club should ban Stockdale from social media; he clearly can't hack it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Argus today

Greer (who I have been very critical of this season).. "Greer branded the display in defeat at Wigan as “not good enough” and admitted fans had every right to boo their side off." “We will give our all next Saturday and hopefully we will get the result we want.”

Stockdale :tantrum: everbody hates me :bla: "Albion goalkeeper David Stockdale hit back at critics after the Wigan defeat."

The club should ban Stockdale from social media; he clearly can't hack it.

You've twisted the 'facts' to suit your rant. There was a particularly childish spiteful tweet from someone who used an anonymous username to make it appear as if it was the few of many. Stockdale replied to that, not saying everybody hates me.
If I had been Stockdale, I would have blocked the abuser, whereas he tried to reason with them.

For what it's worth, I lived in the same street as a pro footballer and had a conversation with him about his next club. Not moving house, length of contract, the amount he could get per week, the manager (at one club who were interested, the manager was known to make them work from 9 till FIVE O CLOCK in the evening, the b'stard) and where his mates in the game were, were some of the considerations he mentioned. He never mentioned fans once. In fact, the only time I can recall him talking about fans was how much he enjoyed dogs abuse from opposition fans and how much he hated autograph days at his place.

Barnes never struck me as someone who cares what others think. I'd be hard pressed to believe some fans views registered more than a blip on his radar in his career decisions.

If any footballer did genuinely get affected by what fans think, you would actually think they were too mentally fragile to play top level sport. That's why Stockdale does need to tone the twitter stuff down, much as the fans who go looking to troll him may deserve their bollockings

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
IMO Kuszczak was the better keeper out of the two if you compare their first season at the club.

Kuszczak had the luxury of a much better team in front of him. Stockdale has given more fantastic individual displays in one season here than I saw from Kuszczak in two, and I really liked Pig!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He is not up to the job and must go,letting the pole go was yet another massive mistake made by our chairman

The Pole was let go for reasons that we shouldn't or cant really freely discuss on here !!
They really had no choice, it is also why Oscar resigned.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Pole was let go for reasons that we shouldn't or cant really freely discuss on here !!

The Pole was also out of work for a long time, and finally got a job at Wolves when they were desperate for a fit keeper. Why? It was because of his wage demands. He or his agent were in the Argus four or five times during the season mentioning contracts and new deals.

goldstoned

Mar 4, 2011
This chairman is terrible isn't he? He single handedly got rid of Kuszczak. Noone else involved just his appalling decision. He has created the "millstone" of the American Express Community Stadium which I believe we have interest free finance on. If you could explain how we were better off at The Withdean I would be interested. We have 19000 season ticket holders for next year. Don't think they would fit into our old ground very easily....

Presumably the academy is also a massive burden that we could do without?

To top it all he is about to finish the club off completely apparently unless he can smell the coffee....

BLOOM OUT!!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

They were only rumours, but if true they had nothing to do with the football side if things and should have had no bearing on whether the Pole stayed or went

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
They were only rumours, but if true they had nothing to do with the football side if things and should have had no bearing on whether the Pole stayed or went

I haven't heard the rumours, but this - http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11853366.Kuszczak_got_Albion_boot_because_of_his_kicking/?ref=mr - seems pretty believable doesn't it? Though if someone wants to express the rumours here in a non-libellous kinda way, I'm all for a bit of a Monday night puzzle game!

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Do any of you honsetly believe everything that any football club tells you ? :facepalm:

Sacked because of his distribution skills my sweaty harris ha ha ha !! FFS

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This chairman is terrible isn't he? He single handedly got rid of Kuszczak. Noone else involved just his appalling decision.

Craig Noone left ages ago, how dare he be involved in who we keep or get rid of. He's gone down in my estimation a lot the *******. :jester:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This chairman is terrible isn't he? He single handedly got rid of Kuszczak. Noone else involved just his appalling decision. He has created the "millstone" of the American Express Community Stadium which I believe we have interest free finance on. If you could explain how we were better off at The Withdean I would be interested. We have 19000 season ticket holders for next year. Don't think they would fit into our old ground very easily....

Presumably the academy is also a massive burden that we could do without?

To top it all he is about to finish the club off completely apparently unless he can smell the coffee....

BLOOM OUT!!

Thanks for that Mr Knight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here