Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help - how do I buy a new NEW car quickly?

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
Have a ring around to find a dealer with the car you want, every main dealer has to have at least one of each of its main models in stock (i.e in the showroom or in storage), if you can be a bit flexible on colour and spec you should be able to find one in the south east, there is no reason why the dealer in question shouldn't be able to sort out the finance and get the car to you within a week. Do a bit of legwork yourself and you should be able to get a very good deal, no p/ex and they will make a bit on the lease agreement, i sold cars for 8 years so i'm not talking bollocks.

SAC

May 21, 2014
If you are buying from a dealer, I'd be amazed if you couldn't wangle a loan car for the time it take to get your new car ready. I have never purchased a new car but have bought new Vespas and have always had a loan bike for a few days.
Remember to haggle.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
#firstworldproblems

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Looking for some advice... had a company car for many years, but am potentially leaving said company at short notice (nothing confirmed, but positive for me!) and so will have to hand the car back. SO, anyone know what the options are if I want to get a new car at the same short notice to replace the company car?

I mean a new NEW car, so obviously want to avoid long lead times. Before anyone says buy second hand, I'm obviously aware of that option, but have always been fortunate enough to have new cars so want to ideally stick to that.

I am assuming that there must be a lease company out there that can source new cars at short notice as long as I'm not too fussy with regards spec etc? Thinking of Audi Q5 or Volvo XC60.

Thanks for any help you can offer a car buying dullard.

Leasing is the way to go if you are after new. There are some fantastic deals. The last leasing deal I had was for two years and I saved two thousand that I would have lost in depreciation. It also depends a lot on if it HAS to be a brand new, latest reg car. Also cash or finance. So many factors really

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
go to the fiat/alfa garage in Hassocks

They have a range of new cars ready on the forecourt. It takes them about 3-5 days to get it 'on-the-road' i.e. put number plates on it etc.

I got a nice brand new Fiat500 Sport within 4 days @ £219 per month. £0 Tax and £250 insurance fully comp.

great car and, despite being a city car, regularly drive to Bristol and back no problems.

If your feeling lucky go for a Giulietta, the powerful ones (my wife has the 190HP Diesel) are just great to drive. Things will fall of it, but the warrantee is good.

ccfc1927

Nov 14, 2012
Check out drivethedeal.com or Carwow.com. Excellent savings to be made whether lease or cash, and you can choose the dealer who can source the quickest.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Dont forget to get your proof of no claims from your Company or you will find a nasty sting in the tail.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Leasing is the way to go if you are after new. There are some fantastic deals. The last leasing deal I had was for two years and I saved two thousand that I would have lost in depreciation. It also depends a lot on if it HAS to be a brand new, latest reg car. Also cash or finance. So many factors really

And this brings me to my next question about financing. Is leasing basically the same as PCP? Think this is the route I will go down so assumed that it would have to be brand new car.. Plus ideally want a new car.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
go to the fiat/alfa garage in Hassocks

They have a range of new cars ready on the forecourt. It takes them about 3-5 days to get it 'on-the-road' i.e. put number plates on it etc.

I got a nice brand new Fiat500 Sport within 4 days @ £219 per month. £0 Tax and £250 insurance fully comp.

great car and, despite being a city car, regularly drive to Bristol and back no problems.

If your feeling lucky go for a Giulietta, the powerful ones (my wife has the 190HP Diesel) are just great to drive. Things will fall of it, but the warrantee is good.

Audi Q5 or Fiat 500.

Hmmm....

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Audi Q5 or Fiat 500.

Hmmm....

Fiat, Renault, Peugeot, Citroen = awful build quality, and problems down the line.

Well established www.drivethedeal.com are unbeatable on price on almost any car, including premium brands. They source only through main dealers all over Britain and you do not pay drivethedeal a penny. Website easy to follow, choose the model, extras and finance method and you get the price instantly with no commitment, and no spam or annoying salesmen's calls later. I've bought through them.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
And this brings me to my next question about financing. Is leasing basically the same as PCP? Think this is the route I will go down so assumed that it would have to be brand new car.. Plus ideally want a new car.

No. Finance is finance, PCP is something that will leave you sat in a bath of cold water, unable to feel your legs, talking to your imaginary dragon friend*

*so I hear

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well established www.drivethedeal.com are unbeatable on price on almost any car, including premium brands. They source only through main dealers all over Britain and you do not pay drivethedeal a penny. Website easy to follow, choose the model, extras and finance method and you get the price instantly with no commitment, and no spam or annoying salesmen's calls later. I've bought through them.

13% discount on a RS5 is not too shabby at all! Shame they don't deal with BMW. Nice tip - thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here