Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager by the weekend??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'd be more than happy with Hoddle, in fact I think I'd prefer him to every feasible name mentioned on NSC so far. He knows the English game too which I am starting to think is a big plus.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe Hoddle could show all the players how great he is at chipping the ball into a bin - EPL here we come!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd be more than happy with Hoddle, in fact I think I'd prefer him to every feasible name mentioned on NSC so far. He knows the English game too which I am starting to think is a big plus.

I would agree with that but of the recent names thrown up Gerard Houllier would be interesting but please not Curbishley.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
listened to a journalist on talk sport last night (yeh I know) when asked about clement saying that he was happy at real etc the journalist said that he spoke to him in person on Saturday night . The journalist said the impression he got from clement was that he was on his way very soon! The interviewer said so its a good chance he will go to west brom then. The journalist said no he thinks it will be us as were a better proposition for a first time role ie a team doing well, good owner , training ground etc. they referred to the journalist as martin so I don't know if that's martin Samuel or not . make of that what you will.. not sure if anyone else heard it

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Whoever it is , we need to make sure , as much as possible that he/she ??? will stay for 3-4 years minimum . We need stability else we will never have a successful 2-3 or 4 year plan to reach the premier . Even now we are starting from scratch again .

Well I don't want to be accused of sexism !

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I work in education. When we say 'next year' we mean next academic year - the one beginning in September. So does Clement mean 'next year' (2015) or 'next season' (August)? Just a thought

You tell us; you're in education! (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
listened to a journalist on talk sport last night (yeh I know) when asked about clement saying that he was happy at real etc the journalist said that he spoke to him in person on Saturday night . The journalist said the impression he got from clement was that he was on his way very soon! The interviewer said so its a good chance he will go to west brom then. The journalist said no he thinks it will be us as were a better proposition for a first time role ie a team doing well, good owner , training ground etc. they referred to the journalist as martin so I don't know if that's martin Samuel or not . make of that what you will.. not sure if anyone else heard it

I think Goldstein said he was from The Sun. I don't remember that guy saying anything about Clement but I was half asleep by then

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Whoever it is , we need to make sure , as much as possible that he/she ??? will stay for 3-4 years minimum . We need stability else we will never have a successful 2-3 or 4 year plan to reach the premier . Even now we are starting from scratch again .

I kind of agree with you but I'm wondering whether those days are gone for most clubs. Managers come and go so quickly these days and perhaps the most important thing is that the club has the infrastructure, scouting network, academy and footballing ethos that a manager can simply slot into, and not be thrown into chaos every time there's a change. Easy to say, I know, but if I were Tony Bloom that's the direction I would be heading because let's face it ... clubs the size of Brighton will tend to lose good managers and sack bad ones and the chances of hanging onto someone for three or four years look increasingly remote.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Can we get somebody down to The Amex for the day. That person can be our lookout for candidates going into the club for their interviews.
More likely interviews will be conducted in a private meeting room in a Brighton or London hotel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here