Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHRISSY HUGHTON's [or Pauly Clement's] Blue & White Army

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
A good record in this league. He may have had good teams but how many relegated teams have not bounced back especially under those sort of huge expectations. I would be happy with him

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Players like him, he's done well in this division, he's available.

Ticks quite a few boxes.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I heard that sales o sleeping pills fell off the cliff in Norfolk when Chris was the gaffer at Naarich. Insomniacs would watch extended highlights of their games and would be snoring the place down in minutes.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not my top choice but not sure about the negativity on here either.
He has always done well in the Championship. If he is appointed i would give him every chance.
If he is appointed Lets not write him off before he been given a chance.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
No for me.

Nice guy, but one would have to be seriously dubious about appointing a manager who was so bad at his last job that he was fired with only 5 matches left in the season. Add to that the fact that the fans seemed to support this apparently daft move by the board and this tells me that all was not well behind the scenes.

He's been fired everywhere he's been, and looking at the squad he had with Newcastle when they got promoted, well my girlfriend would have got them promoted and she knows as much about Football as I do about knitting.

Moreover though, I have been an admirer of the progressive and adventurous stance the club has taken with regard to academy development, progressing u21 players through to the first team and developing a culture and identity that will stand the test of time irrespective of who is in charge of the main side. Any candidate then, will have to fit into that philosophy and I just can't see how a pragmatic manager like Hughton would. Norwich were clearly unhappy with the dour playing style and would have rather gone down than continue with it.

That should tell Brighton something.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
The new manager will be Paul Clement

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I would be happy with Paul Clement., I know he would be unknown in this division, but I prefer unknown to dull.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
I know as a fact from a source within the club, and no i'm afraid i am not Paul Clement :)

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Yep the old source "trick" if you like. I know for a fact from a very reliable source, so much so that i put £50 ion it with Coral @ 7/1.

Tim Sherwood, although he claims he has not, did in fact meet with the club last week however the board are worried about his "character" and have ruled him out of the running.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The new manager will be Paul Clement

I know as a fact from a source within the club, and no i'm afraid i am not Paul Clement :)

Yep the old source "trick" if you like. I know for a fact from a very reliable source, so much so that i put £50 ion it with Coral @ 7/1.

Tim Sherwood, although he claims he has not, did in fact meet with the club last week however the board are worried about his "character" and have ruled him out of the running.

Three posts, one thread, one topic...interesting!! Are you a second account or a long time lurker, first time poster?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not being disrespectful to Mr Hughton but he is very 'vanilla'. Comes across as a likeable, decent man but I suspect TB is looking for more.

Are you looking for more Raspberry Ripple then or, even more adventurous, Carte d'or Crema di Mascarpone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here