Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feels like a big game coming up on Sunday

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know it's a cliche but EVERY game is a big game this season.
Some are definitely bigger than others. At home to lower half teams is our chance to get 3 points, and we'll need plenty of those to stay up. This Sunday is definitely a bigger game than the one against Arsenal. Sure, both are worth the same number of points, but we're unlikely to get 3 at Arsenal.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sure we will defend for our lives sitting deeper and deeper making 0 substitutions to change the game and eventually lose, but hey at least there will be positives to take away. :shrug:

We will actually take the lead? Unusually positive from you .:moo:

..hang on I read that wrong ...no lead ..but we will be drawing for at least five minutes right?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It could be worse, we could be away to City desperately needing something, anything, from the game.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Newcastle head to Brighton as favourites - and I see no reason why they won't make it four in a row"

But they're not favourites :shrug:
Quite. The three possible results are considered roughly equally likely by the industry experts.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Very much so.

To not take at least a point away from Bournemouth is disappointing having had the lead.

Despite their decent start, Newcastle are very much likely to be in the same mini-league as us, and it's these games at home where three points are absolutely vital.

See I'm not certain they are in our mini league. I just think they'll canter to a 11-14th finish with ease.

We couldn't find a way past them last season and only looked competitive up there before Baldock got sent off.

Without that sort of guile Sunday think we'll be found wanting again.

The only good thing is we don't mess around with that Zonal marking sloblocks so Lascelles shouldn't score.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
See I'm not certain they are in our mini league. I just think they'll canter to a 11-14th finish with ease.

Crystal Palace finished 14th last season. Do you think they cantered with ease throughout the season to that position?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think this is a massive one, we lose this and I think it wouldn't be too harsh for pundits and fans to assume Palace and us are relegation fodder.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As I live just outside Newcastle, you can understand that I am extra keen that we get a positive result from this one.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It is a big game and I do think 3 points are essential even at this early stage. I thought we shat ourselves a bit and paid too much respect to Newcastle in the two games last season, we made them looker better than they were, so I'm hoping we're more confident and on the front foot this time.

Since he's been here, Hughton has always been fantastic at remaining calm and picking the players up after poor results and I expect him to do the same again, I think we'll sneak it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some are definitely bigger than others. At home to lower half teams is our chance to get 3 points, and we'll need plenty of those to stay up. This Sunday is definitely a bigger game than the one against Arsenal. Sure, both are worth the same number of points, but we're unlikely to get 3 at Arsenal.

Equally crucial is depriving the bottom-feeders of 3 points, or at least preventing them from stealing a march on us by turning us over. Which is why chucking that game away on Friday was extra galling.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I expect nothing whatsoever from away games , however to remain in this division we really do need to win the majority of our home games, especially against those we regard as in our mini league.,

Stating the bleeding obvious obviously.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Crystal Palace finished 14th last season. Do you think they cantered with ease throughout the season to that position?

No but I think Newcastle will be one of a handful of teams like Stoke/West Brom last year who got to c40-45 points relatively quickly then took their foot off the gas effectively cantering home.

Just an opinion and of course I WANT us to win as many home games as possible. Hell if you offered me 11 home wins out of 19 I'd take it now as it would give us a fighting chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here