Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Court

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
One for the GROUND GEEKS here

Do you count the VITALITY STADIUM as a different ground to DEAN COURT given that the original was bulldozed and replaced with a completely new version - similar to "Old Wembley" and "New Wembley"

Or is it the same ground?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One for the GROUND GEEKS here

Do you count the VITALITY STADIUM as a different ground to DEAN COURT given that the original was bulldozed and replaced with a completely new version - similar to "Old Wembley" and "New Wembley"

Or is it the same ground?

Didn't they rotate the pitch through 90 degrees (or 270 degrees) ?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It was still called Dean Court after they rotated it and rebuilt it. The vitality thing is more recent.

I should point out I'm not referring to the name of the stadium, I'm referring to the fact that it was bulldozed and turned 90 degrees around

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ask 'Arry, he'll tell ya.

1412608251927_wps_15_Harry_Redknapp_Bournemout.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
5 miles from the nearest train station! And people think the Amex is difficult to get to!

Edit: You mean next door to Dean Court, not the golf club (based on the first link).

Yes. Dreadful grammar. Must be a West Blatchington thing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Been to both but in my mind they are the same ground. That said when I think about being at the "old" ground I do think of it differently so I can see the point of the question.

What will people say about White Hart Lane. Its arguably the same point, albeit a bigger change.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its had about half a dozen different names since they started selling the name. I can't keep up, so I just call it Dean Court. Or Plucky Park.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disagree, knocked down, flattened, different layout, new ground built from scratch from the ground up = completely new ground, the only the same are the knob head supporters.

So that ramshackle old ground is new? Blimey it looks a bit shabby chic to me :smile:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Disagree, knocked down, flattened, different layout, new ground built from scratch from the ground up = completely new ground, the only the same are the knob head supporters.

Where did they play their home games while the new ground was being built?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here