Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A Huddersfield season ticket holder mate at work say Mooy is ok but goes missing in big games, can't handle the pressure.

He obviously wasn't watching the matches at the Amex and their home match against Brighton then. He was excellent in both matches. Or were those games not ''BIG'' enough to go missing ? Huddersfield must have had a lot of other big games that I wasn't aware of this season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A player is only worth what a particular club is prepared to pay. If we offered £4m for Mooy and nobody topped it Man City have the choice to sell him to us or not but if we didnt budge from our offer and nobody else was interested that would bring down his price.

BG - You do post some interesting stuff on here but that's a silly thing to say in reference to Aaron Mooy. There are probably at least 10 clubs from here and abroad who are chasing Mooy at this moment in time.

Sorry that was a generalization as to players values and I should have said IF nobody else was interested the value would drop it was not specifically aimed at the Mooy situation and his value. I do think that he would be an improvement on Sidwell Norwood and Kayal, if the latter doesnt get sold to a Chinese club as per speculation, but it seems a high price to bring him in as a possibility of successfully stepping up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry that was a generalization as to players values and I should have said IF nobody else was interested the value would drop it was not specifically aimed at the Mooy situation and his value. I do think that he would be an improvement on Sidwell Norwood and Kayal, if the latter doesnt get sold to a Chinese club as per speculation, but it seems a high price to bring him in as a possibility of successfully stepping up.

Oh I never heard that about Kayal ???????????

Jul 7, 2003
Some of the Red tops have said it in recent weeks at a £3m fee. I have 2 views on it that _(a) CH would not like to lose him (b) £3m is a lot for PB to turn down.

IF there was any truth in those rumours then I would gladly take £3m for Kayal based on last seasons form and moving to a higher division.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

The Chinese always do their business publicly and they always seem to release stuff to the Press. That's just their style to generate Euphoria among their fans, since Football is a growing sport over there.

However wasn't there something in the papers recently that this club had already reached their quota of foreign players ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Chinese always do their business publicly and they always seem to release stuff to the Press. That's just their style to generate Euphoria among their fans, since Football is a growing sport over there.

However wasn't there something in the papers recently that this club had already reached their quota of foreign players ?

So you had read it also, to know which club:smile:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Some of the Red tops have said it in recent weeks at a £3m fee. I have 2 views on it that _(a) CH would not like to lose him (b) £3m is a lot for PB to turn down.

I would take the £3m as well. I think his fee was only about £150K which rose to about £350k after appearances so that would be a decent return on money spent.

The team needs to evolve and improve. When I first watched Brighton closely, he was one of the best players in the side BY FAR. Now he is not. His team mates have got better. Beram is a good player - I like him a lot but there are better players out there and the Division we are going to be playing in demands that we have better players if we are to survive.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
The sun so won't be true but for speculations sake ..,

Not the sort of striker that gets my juices flowing based purely on wiki .

The one we need I want a goal ratio of 1 in 2 everywhere he's played if he hasnt played in top leagues and 1/3 in top competitive divisions .

This fella hasn't got that

Yes im sure the management team don't just go on wiki stats

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He obviously wasn't watching the matches at the Amex and their home match against Brighton then. He was excellent in both matches. Or were those games not ''BIG'' enough to go missing ? Huddersfield must have had a lot of other big games that I wasn't aware of this season

He was absolute class against us at their home game against us. Best non BHA player performance of the season for me. He was everywhere. (Obviously wasn't a big game for them?!)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes please and would happily pay close to the 10 million for him, need to keep Kayal too, 3 million would be not even close

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I cant say I know much about Mooy at all but I think we do need to strengthen more in midfield, Sidwell will do fine as an experienced player for certain games but got my doubts about Norwood. Kayal has got the skill but very injury prone. If I could choose a decent player I'd have a second go for Clayton as he does a great job protecting the back 4.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Mooy is worth close to 10 million all day long, anyone that thinks you can pick up a player who was in the championship team of the year for 3 million is in cloud cuckoo land.

Wether we are happy to pay that is a different matter, I think it's a reasonable price

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here