Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Box Gang

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
can someone answer a genuine question

why did the police box people deliberately position themselves underneath the police box when it would be obvious to to anyone the acoustics afforded by the extra low roof would mean they would be only mostly heard amongst themselves.........it seems a little odd.

When a few of the guys and girls near us shuffled along it was simply because the new seats provided the only way they could congregate with likeminded souls who they'd met and formed friendships. A one off opportunity. Everything else was secondary I guess, but I don't think they'd consulted sound engineers or had any agenda other than that. I know that's unpalatable to those wishing it was otherwise so they can continue with the childish them and us fixation but that is, I believe, all there is to it!

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
That was really obvious... nice loud GOSBTS, crying out to be joined in with and would have probably got an "ALL TOGETHER NOW" extension from WSU, but the PBC had other ideas...

Omg what the hell was u listening to cause under the PB we joined in with GOSBTS i was under there ffs

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The rising hot air they generate keeps the police box up in its gravity defying position. If they paused for just a second it would come crashing down and crush them all, so you can kind of understand it from their point of view.

We're all savilles victims Leeds fans? I'm surprised in this day and age, when such actions can soon land you in a storm of public notoriety that someone would post such a thing that's all!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry, last post was in reply to BN9 BHA...user error!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
When a few of the guys and girls near us shuffled along it was simply because the new seats provided the only way they could congregate with likeminded souls who they'd met and formed friendships. A one off opportunity. Everything else was secondary I guess, but I don't think they'd consulted sound engineers or had any agenda other than that. I know that's unpalatable to those wishing it was otherwise so they can continue with the childish them and us fixation but that is, I believe, all there is to it!

ok thanks for answering.......i am slighly perplexed by this whole issue

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
ok thanks for answering.......i am slighly perplexed by this whole issue

You were. Not anymore. I've explained! More than a few trolls on here wanting to make this an issue I think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How was that tonight then people of NorthStandChat....

You cant say we didnt join in atmosphere was buzzing..

Fair play for you for coming back. From WSU G (back rows) you were indeed joining in when other songs were started and only starting your own when it was quiet. That's the way it should be. We outsung Leeds last night, you don't do that very often in this league.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

ok thanks for answering,i didnt know this

are they or have they considered moving. i am sure they have realised no one can hear them due to their location,is it something they are discussing?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
ok thanks for answering,i didnt know this

are they or have they considered moving. i am sure they have realised no one can hear them due to their location,is it something they are discussing?

Sorry I don't know that but unless the club provided the means to I'm not sure they could. We kind of need a spell in the bottom leagues to enable!

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
9/10 Gaz, very good but you lose a point for one Yankee Doodle song just before half time :)
Didn't sound like a kid starting it either.

No it was one of them from that little group that has suddenly appeared from no-where but it was quite funny as the 5 of them started walking up on right side of police box then they noticed that the orignals were there there faces were a picture but 2 of them went to the left of police box **** knows where the other wents prob back to there seats the bellends...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We're all savilles victims Leeds fans? I'm surprised in this day and age, when such actions can soon land you in a storm of public notoriety that someone would post such a thing that's all!

Sorry, last post was in reply to BN9 BHA...user error!

I think you are seeing something that isn't there.
I only posted that Jimmy Saville flag because half the North Stand were chanting " He's one of your own" last night, and it was in reply to someone saying the chant was embarrassing :shrug:
I also posted that many people around me in the WSU were laughing , in fact some even applauded the chant.

It had nothing to do with Saville's victims being Leeds fans, and I wasn't mocking the victims, let's get that straight.

IMO I think the chant means that Saville is thought of as scum, and he came from Leeds, also some people think many Leeds fans are also scum.
Hope this helps, but please accept my apologies if you were genuinely affected by my post.
I can't applologise for the North Stand chanting about Jimmy Saville last night, I wasn't in that stand and didn't start the chant.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No it was one of them from that little group that has suddenly appeared from no-where but it was quite funny as the 5 of them started walking up on right side of police box then they noticed that the orignals were there there faces were a picture but 2 of them went to the left of police box **** knows where the other wents prob back to there seats the bellends...

:lolol:

I hope you're not pulling my leg here Gaz :) a little group trying to infiltrate the PBC to sing Yankee Doodle :rolleyes:

Seriously though, good effort last night by the North Stand.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No need to aplogise BN9, I wasn't upset, others might be so it was just cautionary advice. how many times has social media "banter" ended up in court for example? sensitive subjects are easily misconstrued.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here