Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok hands up! Who has worked at amex?

Jan 30, 2008
been going for the last 4 years, old building, nice blonde eastern European lady on front desk and the chirpy Irishman always worth a chuckle ???
regards
DR

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I worked for the Legal & General for about year in total in the late 90s. Despite meeting some nice people (and utter twonks), I hated being part of a large corporation and the humdrum of being crammed in to a large building with pretty uninspiring work. Not doing anything rewarding in the slightest.

Jan 30, 2008
I worked for the Legal & General for about year in total in the late 90s. Despite meeting some nice people (and utter twonks), I hated being part of a large corporation and the humdrum of being crammed in to a large building with pretty uninspiring work. Not doing anything rewarding in the slightest.
down Queens road corner of north road ???
regards
DR

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
This! Although I worked there from 88 to 91...lots of good memories from the summer jobs though

Having to take a sickie for the Cup Final reply was the last straw for me. Got a summer job with EF then back to Uni in October 83.

PG

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Got offered a job by them a good few years ago but they really want their pound of flesh, don't they. Very good money, but lots of hassle, long hours, having to travel abroad a lot. I had small children at Junior School, so took another job locally for far less and had breakfast and dinner with the kids every day and never missed a school concert, assembly etc. Never regretted it for a minute.

Just say No, you know it makes sense :thumbsup:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Recall running coaches to away games and the coach picking up outside the amex in Edward street,Had to rearrange my first job interview at amex as we were playing a mid week fixture at Lincoln and i had a place in the back of a transit van:blush:

Memories!

I think the case of the traffic cone and the police horse at Anfield will be forever remembered by those who were there :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here