Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The problem would be that Premier clubs could still shop in Europe for full internationals as they would get permits, but Championship clubs would not be able to buy players like Knockaert or Bruno, or Ulloa, as they would not get permits. This might well unearth some good English talent, but they will mostly be snapped up by Premier league clubs at the bottom end, and leave the championship a much lower level competition overall, making the step up nigh on impossible without wholesale change of the squad.

Thanks for the explanation.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What like you do? And just edit and interpret statements incorrectly? The home you ate I needs to look at your medication as it is not right!

Are you drunk ? If you look at my previous posts it tells you where I got the £14bn from - I'll make it easy for you - directly from the Universities themselves - www.universitiesuk.ac.uk

Now how are you going to fund it ? Or are you going to avoid the question AGAIN ?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Brexit could have 'hugely damaging' effect on football clubs, say chairmen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45206066

Well who would have guessed that football could be negatively affected by Brexit.. did anyone see it on a bus?? On the plus side I hear the 'leavers' say "there's a big world out there and we could get players from outside of Europe far more easily" whilst the remainers quite logically will say that "the best players in the world are European".. Personally I think it's another example of how Brexit is going to be a huge negative..

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If Brexit happens, the Premier/Football League will be able to cap number of European/foreign players in a team I guess...

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Will it even out the league?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Doubt by much.. the issue is potentially the buying power of clubs to bring in quality from Europe. All the time TV money pays then clubs will retain buying power BUT a no deal means a long/short period where deals could go wrong and clubs cannot maintain quality which in turn means the attraction of competing in Champions league etc is dented. As with all things Brexit theres more unknowns than knowns but for sure as the deal or no deal becomes more apparent chairmans will develop squeaky bums..

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On the plus side I hear the 'leavers' say "there's a big world out there and we could get players from outside of Europe far more easily"

There was a report in The Times the other day that The FA and Premier League are 'poles apart' on this. The Premier League want the 'Governing Body Endorsement' from The FA for work permit applications amended to include any foreign player offered a contract within a 25 man squad post Brexit to maintain competitiveness on signings with other leagues in Europe. The FA do not.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Already having an effect according to Spurs, due to the low value of the GBP the cost of buying European players in EUROs has inflated the cost.

Stand back for leavers to say but we can now sell our stars to European clubs more cheaply thereby boosting exports

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'Bloody Premier League chairmen, drama queens the lot of them, it's all Project Fear, etc etc

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Everything is negatives and the "could" word is just used non stop.....scaremongering at ridiculous proportions !!

Funny that, using "could" when our future relationship is so clear and transparent.........Brexit cliches at ridiculous proportions !!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here