Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You have made the same schoolboy error as everyone else that reads the click bait headlines on newsnow or football London. The £400-450mn is for the stadium the £800-850mn is for the whole Northumberland Park Development which includes a college, hotel, 200 houses, transport infrastructure and refurbishment of several listed buildings and a chunk of Tottenham High Road.
Nice try though.

Off topic, but really pissed off they've closed the road across the railway line at Northumberland Park. Have to go over the footbridge every bloody time now :rant:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Some good business by palace then. 3 mid table quality prem players. I think without those new players our squad and theirs was getting closer. But they've pulled away again now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Some good business by palace then. 3 mid table quality prem players. I think without those new players our squad and theirs was getting closer. But they've pulled away again now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Fair assessment and they should be miles ahead of us on and off the field with the money they've had in the Prem.

TB built the club in the Championship and they've struggled to add cladding in the Prem.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Come on guys. Why would he leave?

Apart from more money
Playing with better players
Playing under an attacking manager
More money
Playing in front of more people
Staying in London
More money
A chance of winning something

He LOVES palace. Love conquers all.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If they are bringing these new players in on big salaries it means just one thing and that's that he's off. Makes sense to bring the others in first. Wonder if the deal has been done already. Daily Mail saying Meyer is on £170k per week. Bloody hell! They aren't addressing their salary costs v total turnover issue, or maybe they are looking to go top of that league?!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The thing is all players have a price, their loyalty is quite rightly them and their families, so if a big money move comes his way of course he will move...Although I always thought as an Arsenal fan he would go there.

What will be will be, I don't lose any sleep about what players do or don't do.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Winifred.jpg

Brilliant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
zaha move.jpg

This can't be right...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Daily Mail saying Meyer is on £170k per week. Bloody hell!

£170k per week TOTAL cost to Palace, over his contract (including signing on fee, agent's fee, relocation expenses, luncheon vouchers, etc). His wages will officially be £100-£120k per week. If they admit to any higher, then Zaha, Benteke etc will get the hump.

They aren't addressing their salary costs v total turnover issue, or maybe they are looking to go top of that league?!

I think you'll find they are already comfortably top of that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
would Chelsea be interested though?

Depends what happens with Willian/Hazard I guess. Obviously he is nowhere near their level of quality, but they will need bodies in if those 2 go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here