Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andre Gray

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
That's laughable and so untrue[emoji38]ol:[emoji38]ol:
It's laughable for sure, but my friend is a life-long Watford fan and has it on good authority.

Deeney signed a new contract a year/18 months ago, having been the subject of bids from Leicester. He is Watford's talisman, and without a transfer fee to pay, and rich owners, it all adds up.

Ironically, he didn't play as much under Watford's manager for 2016/17. Whether he'll play more for their manager for the next 12 months remains to be seen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When we had him on loan, he was a West Brom player. They sent him on loan to League 1 clubs, and then Championship clubs (the half season I was thinking of was at Millwall a few years ago) but didn't think he was good enough for them. He's a good Championship player when he's in form, but not for us.
We need someone with pace, like Baldock, as we've already got two target men.

Good post. We need pace up front, to give us another game plan, making us unpredictable for opposition coaches.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
When we had him on loan, he was a West Brom player. They sent him on loan to League 1 clubs, and then Championship clubs (the half season I was thinking of was at Millwall a few years ago) but didn't think he was good enough for them. He's a good Championship player when he's in form, but not for us.
We need someone with pace, like Baldock, as we've already got two target men.
Maybe some people are thinking long term. He's more mobile than Glenn and Hemed and a shitload younger. Yes ideally we need a pacey sniffer but signing the best striker outside the prem is no bad thing. Seem to recall Murray and Wood have played up front together before too...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I remember a similar game being played last summer with Stephens! Incremental increases of £50 ( being added to the original derisory bid ) faxed through to BHAFC HQ every Friday before Dyche had his customary pint of best and fish supper. Didn't work. :wink:

Burnley doing exactly the same again with Craig Dawson...low bid followed by derisory incremental increases.

Poor old Dyche first tried to sign Dawson in 2014 and it ended with the player, initially very keen on the move, getting fed up and signing a new deal with the Baggies.

Still, we might get James Collins on a free transfer instead of Dawson.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You’ve got me worried now (frantically checks old posts)....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could look for his post crying like a little girl about the possibility of European football. :rolleyes:
Then wait for him to say how great it is playing in Europe, assuming they can beat a Scotchish team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here