Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we are promoted, and Middlesborough relegated....

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Completely serious. What makes him a 'mercenary'?

He joined NORWICH CITY before a ball was even kicked. Norwich were one of the favourites for automatic promotion. If I was him I would have done the exact same thing. Join a more fancied team on more money? Yes please.

There's a reason Chris wanted him. He's an excellent player.
I can't imagine CH would want to sign him now. Can you imagine him being introduced to the dressing room?

"This is Alex everyone, he was going to join us last season but changed his mind after a deal had been agreed as he was offered more money by Norwich. He's changed his mind again now and has agreed to join us as we are in the PL and Norwich aren't."

He's only ever performed in the Championship. Spurs let him go, he had a couple of substitute appearances for West Brom, and he's been second choice for most of this season to a 34 year old.

We can do a lot better than him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I can't imagine CH would want to sign him now. Can you imagine him being introduced to the dressing room?

"This is Alex everyone, he was going to join us last season but changed his mind after a deal had been agreed as he was offered more money by Norwich. He's changed his mind again now and has agreed to join us as we are in the PL and Norwich aren't."

He's only ever performed in the Championship. Spurs let him go, he had a couple of substitute appearances for West Brom, and he's been second choice for most of this season to a 34 year old.

We can do a lot better than him.

Can you imagine the day after the transfer window closed

"Oh Hi Dale. I see your move to Burnley didn't happen despite you putting in a transfer request and being desperate to leave all of us because you weren't sure we were good enough to get the prem and you wanted to earn more money than us"

It's football. It happens.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Can you imagine the day after the transfer window closed

"Oh Hi Dale. I see your move to Burnley didn't happen despite you putting in a transfer request and being desperate to leave all of us because you weren't sure we were good enough to get the prem and you wanted to earn more money than us"

It's football. It happens.
True, but Stephens had already been here for 2 years and had built up a reputation as one of our best players. He's respected here.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ex Boro' boss spouting off poison on way down!
Aitor Karanka believes Newcastle are better equipped for the Premier League than Brighton.
Really annoys me this Billy big club bollox:angry:
Read more, if you can be assed :shrug:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...karanka-believes-newcastle-brighton--13072970

In honesty they will be, won't they. Look at this season's PL table, the seven biggest spenders are at the top and Stains/ Bournemouth have spent far more that people imagine, far more the likes of Hull, WBA, Burnley, Swansea. Money makes a massive difference in the PL and Newcastle have more than us.

Karanka yawningly stated the obvious, as will all pundits come August. Hudd?, Albion, Burnley, Swansea, will be everyone's favourites for the drop. Hopefully, with great player buys this summer, we'll prove them all wrong.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In honesty they will be, won't they. Look at this season's PL table, the seven biggest spenders are at the top and Stains/ Bournemouth have spent far more that people imagine, far more the likes of Hull, WBA, Burnley, Swansea. Money makes a massive difference in the PL and Newcastle have more than us.

Karanka yawningly stated the obvious, as will all pundits come August. Hudd?, Albion, Burnley, Swansea, will be everyone's favourites for the drop. Hopefully, with great player buys this summer, we'll prove them all wrong.

Confidence in the lot of them, Albion that is :thumbsup:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will have a very hard winter and just hope that TB will not allow us to get into a relegation battle. I think that most of our 1st XI are good enough as squad players but not to be the first choice. I think we need but wont get about 6 or 7 players.for the 1st XI.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ex Boro' boss spouting off poison on way down!
Aitor Karanka believes Newcastle are better equipped for the Premier League than Brighton.
Really annoys me this Billy big club bollox:angry:
Read more, if you can be assed :shrug:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...karanka-believes-newcastle-brighton--13072970

No shit Sherlock. Be more interesting if he chose to give his opinion on whether Brighton are better equipped than his goal shy dull team were this season. Along with Hull, a complete waste of a Premier League place. We need to do better than that, not better than Newcastle imo.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I think that we will have a very hard winter and just hope that TB will not allow us to get into a relegation battle.

It is not TB's remit to allow us to get into a relegation battle. We might spend £ms on loads of players, get injuries, have a few players losing form, buy a couple of Elvis's (good on paper crap on pitch), have some bad luck. It is partly in the lap of the gods.

It is not as simple as open the cheque book as wide as possible to avoid a relagation battle; and there are FFP rules in Prem too....

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Shock horror, I also believe Newcastle are better equipped for the premier league than Brighton. Almost all of their squad has premier league experience

They are far better equipped. Big club with a huge fanbase, stadium almost double the size of ours and will have much more money to spend.

No shit Sherlock. Be more interesting if he chose to give his opinion on whether Brighton are better equipped than his goal shy dull team were this season. Along with Hull, a complete waste of a Premier League place. We need to do better than that, not better than Newcastle imo.

Fightin' talk, that's the spirit chaps :thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Fightin' talk, that's the spirit chaps :thumbsup:

It's hardly throwing in the towel. Merely acknowledging that a team which has spent the majority of the last twenty years in the top flight will have a better chance of survival than one who hasn't been there in 34 years. They have more money and more experience. It isn't defeatist, just statement of fact.

Personally I think we'll make a bloody good go of it and firmly believe we'll do better than Boro.

It's also worth looking at his comments for what they are: the ramblings of an abject failure desperately trying to stay relevant.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is not TB's remit to allow us to get into a relegation battle. We might spend £ms on loads of players, get injuries, have a few players losing form, buy a couple of Elvis's (good on paper crap on pitch), have some bad luck. It is partly in the lap of the gods.

It is not as simple as open the cheque book as wide as possible to avoid a relagation battle; and there are FFP rules in Prem too....

I do not believe that itr is is TB remit or intention for us to be struggling and I hope that we dont but of last years squad the only ones that I think will make the step up to Premier level are Stephens, Dunk Duffy Stockdale if he signs possibly March Murray and Knockhaert on odd occasions but not for the entire season and being bench players. I believe that we will have a much harder time than most on here seem to think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here