Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If it wasn't a terrorist loving, arms reducing leader of the opposition that will never win the will of the public, let alone his own party (read Michael Foot), I could take their manifesto. If that was presented by Labour leader Dave Milliband I'd say OK lets go for it.

A Tory like Miliband wouldn't produce a manifesto like the Labour one

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
People who voted for Brexit voted for the following possible options based on your list.

AAA
AAB
ABB
BAA
BAB
BBA
ABA

Excellent point. Fed up with Brexiteers claiming they know why everyone voted Brexit. They don't. They might know why they voted for Brexit and they might know why people they have spoken to voted for Brexit but they cannot say why everyone voted for Brexit.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Means test it. If you need it then you get it. Like all benefits. Don't agree with the sentiment that if you paid in to the system you automatically get it.

So no pension for the well off (however defined) no bus pass, no free prescription, no discount on football tickets, no cheaper lunches on certain days,,,,,etc,

May as well include children in this as well, so no parents get any discounts or freebies for their children unless they are on benefits.

Yes, welcome to the new post Brexit caring society,

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
18527115_1343329375751048_7039942744221878342_o.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No, it's not.

It's because Labour are in such disarray that there is no perceived need to engage in any activity with any level of risk. And live debates do carry risk.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's insulting to the electorate, but Labour are getting what they deserve for their ongoing piss-poor attempt at opposition. What an utterly dreadful election this is.

No, it's not.
It is because of her lies and scaremongering that she will be unable to defend any of her policies or her record to date, she will be ripped apart, Labour may be in disarray but that does not mean that they should be stopped from debating leading up to the election just because May is a coward.
I was hoping she would be better than Cameron but she is not, the whole Tory party is rotten from top to bottom and do not deserve to win any more than Labour do.
Anyway, after the cowardly demise of your mate dodgy Dave, who even dumped on his own constituents, I am surprised you have the balls to pipe up again, I told you he was an idiot, and I was right.
But they will win of course, but another 5 years of them including dealing with Brexit, is a frightening thought.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
No, it's not.
It is because of her lies and scaremongering that she will be unable to defend any of her policies or her record to date, she will be ripped apart, Labour may be in disarray but that does not mean that they should be stopped from debating leading up to the election just because May is a coward.
I was hoping she would be better than Cameron but she is not, the whole Tory party is rotten from top to bottom and do not deserve to win any more than Labour do.
Anyway, after the cowardly demise of your mate dodgy Dave, who even dumped on his own constituents, I am surprised you have the balls to pipe up again, I told you he was an idiot, and I was right.
But they will win of course, but another 5 years of them including dealing with Brexit, is a frightening thought.

Less frightening than Labour being in power though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why should those abroad not get it if they have paid in like everybody else?

It was devised and brought in to offset the costs in the UK. If somebody chooses to live in a warm country they do not incur those costs so why should the government contribute to paying for nothing? Nothing to do with paying into the system as per state pensions NHS etc and an entitlement to that,.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Is this the most bizarre General Election in recent years?

Tories heading for a landslide, but I can't remember any other campaign where contstantly on social media all kinds of people are urging people to register and vote Labour in numbers, when that actual result, and Corbyn in Number 10, would be a disaster for the nation.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

firstly, isnt that picture from the load mayor's banquet, not Parliament? secondly, is any other party removing the subsidised dinning and bar arrangements in Westminster? thirdly, here's the remainder of that policy, which seems to be over looked:

...There is now good evidence that school breakfasts are at least as effective in
helping children to make progress in school. So under a new Conservative government,
schools in England will offer a free school breakfast to every child in every year of
primary school, while children from low-income families will continue to receive free
school lunches throughout their years in primary and secondary education. The savings
made from this change will be added to the core schools budget, meaning that every
penny saved will go towards children’s education

so is there evidence that lunches or breakfast are better for children? and would you even care over the opportunity to make a silly point? i mean, is that the worse policy in the manifesto that it gets the attention? i can think of a examples more worthy of criticism.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Tories winning will be a disaster for pensioners, disabled, school kids, those on minimum wage, homeless, foxes not to say a disaster for the NHS so no wonder people are mobilising to stop the Tories winning
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] the poster child? for Labour.
He couldn't make it up.
:ffsparr:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Tories winning will be a disaster for pensioners, disabled, school kids, those on minimum wage, homeless, foxes not to say a disaster for the NHS so no wonder people are mobilising to stop the Tories winning

all Labour have to do to win this election is to ditch Corbyn, Abbott, and half the front bench team, come up with some realistic policies that are at least costed realistically (leaving out the cost of renationalising half our national industries makes a mockery of their so called funded manifesto), and , at least get all the spokespersons saying the same thing about defence. Having a leader who is also Vice President of CND who campaign to disband NATO, ditch trident, ditch nuclear power does not make anyone feel in the slightest bit confident that he actually means it when he says the opposite.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
all Labour have to do to win this election is to ditch Corbyn, Abbott, and half the front bench team, come up with some realistic policies that are at least costed realistically (leaving out the cost of renationalising half our national industries makes a mockery of their so called funded manifesto), and , at least get all the spokespersons saying the same thing about defence. Having a leader who is also Vice President of CND who campaign to disband NATO, ditch trident, ditch nuclear power does not make anyone feel in the slightest bit confident that he actually means it when he says the opposite.

There is only one party with a costed manifesto and that is Labour

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh FFS - I am sick of this utter crap shitting all over NSC, like some incontinent gerbil on speed.

Please can we create a political bollocks sub forum. Labelled pointless cat calling bull shit.

Arghhhhhhhhh.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its the most tedious

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Didnt they do that with a man who couldnt get a nomination for a Tory seat, Tony Blair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here