Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion-free Championship Playoffs thread

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Please Fulham, not Uddersfield whatever happens, they need to be taught a lesson in conduct this season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't believe many of you don't fancy a Premiership away day at Hillsborough!?

Thing is, Carvahal seems a bit of a knob. And Forestieri is a knob. And Hutchinson is a disgraceful snide thug. And Wallace, Fletcher and McManaman are like three scummy scrotes who'd pick a fight with a stranger in a pub car park, for looking at them funny. And your ground is a dump, and the away end still creeps me out. And your fans were mostly absolutely graceless pricks at the play off first leg last season.

best of luck, though.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Thing is, Carvahal seems a bit of a knob. And Forestieri is a knob. And Hutchinson is a disgraceful snide thug. And Wallace, Fletcher and McManaman are like three scummy scrotes who'd pick a fight with a stranger in a pub car park, for looking at them funny. And your ground is a dump, and the away end still creeps me out. And your fans were mostly absolutely graceless pricks at the play off first leg last season.

best of luck, though.

I don't think Wednesday fans think much of us either LOL.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016

best of luck, though.

Nothing like sitting on the fence. :D

Think a lot of the faux rivalry is between Owlstalk and North Stand Chat. Other than that I've met and had good conversations with Brighton fans, it's the same with most message boards I guess.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nothing like sitting on the fence. :D

Think a lot of the faux rivalry is between Owlstalk and North Stand Chat. Other than that I've met and had good conversations with Brighton fans, it's the same with most message boards I guess.

There's no Albion / Wednesday rivalry. Big fan of Sheffield btw - have spent many (many, many) weeks there for work, over the years, for events at Don Valley and Ponds. And met a great many decent Wednesday fans, too.

But collectively you were classless DICKS at that play-off game (booing Knockaert for 'faking' an injury, that left us playing with 10 men for a half?). Dins.

And your team IS full of nasty scrotes :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sadly I think Reading will do it tonight.

Fulham - for all their lovely build up play - just aren't clinical enough. They outplayed us twice and we came away with 6 points. Reading's defence can be pretty miserly and they've only lost twice at home all season, same as us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fulham - for all their lovely build up play - just aren't clinical enough. They outplayed us twice and we came away with 6 points.
Not the best two games to judge them on. That's like looking at Newcastle's games against Blackburn.

Reading's defence can be pretty miserly
They can also let in 5 (maybe against Fulham?)
and they've only lost twice at home all season, same as us.
That's the problem for Fulham. Still, the playoff second leg is different to the rest of the season, a lot of pressure. Maybe playing it around the back won't be so good for Reading on a day like today.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

best of luck, though.

This. With big shiny bells on.

The idea that we'd fancy an away day at Hillsborough specifically is, quite frankly, laughable. If we're picking who we want to go up based on the relative merits of going there for an away day next season, the only winner is Fulham.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
This. With big shiny bells on.

The idea that we'd fancy an away day at Hillsborough specifically is, quite frankly, laughable. If we're picking who we want to go up based on the relative merits of going there for an away day next season, the only winner is Fulham.

I know the away end is a complete shambles. One day soon we'll hopefully be in a position to completely change that but we've not been anywhere near that this millenium until now. A separate argument is that it should have been changed much sooner in the 1990's.

Fulham is a good awayday, but having a neutral stand however :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know the away end is a complete shambles. One day soon we'll hopefully be in a position to completely change that but we've not been anywhere near that this millenium until now. A separate argument is that it should have been changed much sooner in the 1990's.

Fulham is a good awayday, but having a neutral stand however :lolol:

The neutral stand is a massive PLUS, because we get to fill it, and so have 6,000 Albion there, instead of the crappy Prem norm of 3,000.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's the problem for Fulham. Still, the playoff second leg is different to the rest of the season, a lot of pressure. Maybe playing it around the back won't be so good for Reading on a day like today.

I guess you could argue that Reading could do a Poyet if they treat this like "just another league game", whilst Fulham chuck the kitchen sink at them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I guess you could argue that Reading could do a Poyet if they treat this like "just another league game", whilst Fulham chuck the kitchen sink at them.
I'm going to enjoy it whatever, not too bothered who's promoted (except Wed).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here