Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post match players walk around the pitch

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the best take away from the lap of honour came from [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION]. who pointed out our players need to stop breeding. I bet none of them get any sleep even when they're not celebrating promotion. :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am I looking into some thing that isnt there but when all the players were congregating in front of the dug outs. Stockdale was over talking to people in the S E Corner could this be the farewell and that he didnt want to be with his team mates.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
To me a deflated day, not a bad one as we are promoted but not a good one because we have n't yet got the title. I suspect the players felt the same and as pointed out probably Stockdale & Stephens were best two players and felt it harder than others.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Rosenior impressed me on his walk around the pitch. Walked really close to the stands and clapped the whole way round.
I probably would as well if I earnt 500k a year for playing 10 games a season!!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
So disappointed with the amount of gimps who left on full time and couldn't arsed to show their appreciation to what has been a fantastic hard season.

It seriously shocked me. Yes it was a shit end to the day but there was no way i was going early. Glad i didn't because the nonstandard concourse was rocking afterwards.

I left after the final whistle yesterday had the normal 120 mile drive home.( and made it in time to watch the boxing).No reason to stay and look at the wives or kids....plus I will see the players next Sunday at villa hopefully celebrating a bit!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So disappointed with the amount of gimps who left on full time and couldn't arsed to show their appreciation to what has been a fantastic hard season.

It seriously shocked me. Yes it was a shit end to the day but there was no way i was going early. Glad i didn't because the nonstandard concourse was rocking afterwards.

Yep. More stayed last year I think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
View from the North. Loving the little kid up front kicking the turf in disgust at our abject failure to secure the trophy on the day :lolol:

F7.jpg

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
Am I looking into some thing that isnt there but when all the players were congregating in front of the dug outs. Stockdale was over talking to people in the S E Corner could this be the farewell and that he didnt want to be with his team mates.

Was he not picking up his South East corner player of the year award. Believe I saw something on twitter to that effect

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

I too was shocked, disappointed and embarrassed by the number of empty seats at the end. To think where we have got and how well the team have played this year I could not believe people were not prepared to wait an extra 20 minutes or so just to say thanks. It's not as if it was late and most people are off work today and maybe even tomorrow as well. Thankfully there was still a decent atmosphere in the pubs in town after, had a good 'sing off' with another group as we tried to dig up as many old songs and chants as we could from Goldstone days. Must have been loud as security had to have a word and put a stop to our fun.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
View from the North. Loving the little kid up front kicking the turf in disgust at our abject failure to secure the trophy on the day :lolol:

View attachment 84848
anyone saw Stockdale thumping the turf in frustration at the final whistle. Love his passion.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Very subdue as probably you would expect having won promotion but not taken the chance to win the Championship, I noticed Stockdale waving what could be interpreted as goodbye he was alternating clapping followed by a two handed wave and Stevens was largely walking on the inner edge of the players and not interacting with the fans neither player was smiling

Hope I am wrong but the body language of both looked to me like the are leaving us this summer!

I saw both highlighted players smiling, waving and clapping us in ESL (family stand). I'm not sure how you draw those conclusions from a post-game lap of honour.

Yeah they were p1ssed off, (especially AK), but then you would be if you were a professional footballer. It's bad enough being on here with FANS when we lose ???

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I saw both highlighted players smiling, waving and clapping us in ESL (family stand). I'm not sure how you draw those conclusions from a post-game lap of honour.

Yeah they were p1ssed off, (especially AK), but then you would be if you were a professional footballer. It's bad enough being on here with FANS when we lose ???
Yep I think we would be more pi**ed of if they were not disappointed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here