Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss poor selection.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Piss poor selection, piss poor performance. Promoted but throwing away the chance of history. Can't understand it. Same as at Norwich and probably going to be the same at villa. Great season ending in a downer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Piss poor performances from our forwards and wingers, hard to blame Hughton for their shitness today. No guile, no quality and quite a lot of petulance.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The players didn't play well enough. That team should have been easily good enough to get a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Piss poor selection, piss poor performance. Promoted but throwing away the chance of history. Can't understand it. Same as at Norwich and probably going to be the same at villa. Great season ending in a downer.

I am pleased others feel like this. A chance to make history and win the title and we've ****ed about with Norwood in midfield, Murphy up front and today with Skalak. Do the players not want a championship trophy and medal? Most odd and disappointing after the joy of promotion. Just hope they pull their socks up for the final game at Villa.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank god this season not backing up Baldock's position will only cost a lump of metal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thank god this season not backing up Baldock's position will only cost a lump of metal.

Wise words, Hemed and Murray is not a Championship winning forward pairing, even though we came very close. Thank God for Knocky.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Only? Why are so many Brighton not bothered about this title, it is annoyingly me that people are more than happy to settle for second when we were 7 (SEVEN) ahead with three to play. I think we need to show a bit more ambition than settling for second

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Honestly, I was shocked and disappointed to see Skalak on the team sheet. He didn't disappoint, a 0/10 and rightfully disappeared at h/t. We win games inspite of him.

Regarding the Hemed/Murray (two slow-ish target men) partership, which is unorthodox and served us well of late. We finally ran of luck with this. Johnson did his homework, his defence pushed up 30 yards from goal knowing the lack pace and he packed the back and protective CM with tall players. Gave the striking duo little all game. Not a mistake by CH as he had to juggle what options he had.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only? Why are so many Brighton not bothered about this title, it is annoyingly me that people are more than happy to settle for second when we were 7 (SEVEN) ahead with three to play. I think we need to show a bit more ambition than settling for second

They might claim positive thinking "it doesn't matter", whilst Newcastle relentlessly go for the famous trophy. A once in a lifetime chance for us to add it to the trophy cabinet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not what I've said.
Given the alternative would be lumbering out of the play offs because Murray and Hemed is a piss poor front line, I think we should thank god we've 'only' lost the title, and not promotion.

Either striker would have won the title today, playing alongside Baldock's desperately needed replacement.

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter
It was a rare home defeat in an otherwise brilliant season in a very tough unpredictable league with no easy teams. Heaven help us when things get tough next season, I plead with those so quick to criticise that we are patient with the players and management, otherwise we will spend the most exciting season of our lives utterly divided and miserable

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I am with you, and your comments in your previous thread re team selection at Norwich. I was Bloody annoyed.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It was a rare home defeat in an otherwise brilliant season in a very tough unpredictable league with no easy teams. Heaven help us when things get tough next season, I plead with those so quick to criticise that we are patient with the players and management, otherwise we will spend the most exciting season of our lives utterly divided and miserable

No one is saying it hasn't been brilliant it just seems a strange time to **** about with team selection and take our foot off the gas, had we done what we are doing now after getting the title then fair enough.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

When did Bristol City last win away, especially against a top team? The positive is that it further aids Winstanley and Hughton in assessing where we need to cull and replace this summer.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Playing left mid-midfield? Something he has done rather successfully in a lot of matches we've won this season?

I thought he was dire. There is no way he is anywhere near a Premier League player. I'm happy for this to be bounced 1,000 times if i'm wrong but there is more chance of winning the lottery jackpot.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought he was dire. There is no way he is anywhere near a Premier League player. I'm happy for this to be bounced 1,000 times if i'm wrong but there is more chance of winning the lottery jackpot.

He was awful and he has been before quite a few times. The promotion doesn't mean there should be a blue tinted narrative that he's been a key figure in that success.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here