Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wagner sky interview

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just because he called us 'chokers' and some on here take it totally to the nth level, it doesn't mean Hudders haven't been a consistent side in the top six. I do think his actions and comments make him top nominee for Cock of the Year, but to do what he has done with an unfashionable, small club is quite outstanding.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's a bit of a dickhead isn't he? His team are amongst the most INconsistent of the top six

From the BBC

David Wagner's side have now gone 11 games against Fulham without winning, while seven of Huddersfield's 13 league defeats have come against sides currently occupying the top six.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He's a bit of a dickhead isn't he? His team are amongst the most INconsistent of the top six

From the BBC

David Wagner's side have now gone 11 games against Fulham without winning, while seven of Huddersfield's 13 league defeats have come against sides currently occupying the top six.

Until Derby scored late vs Huddersfield recently,think(Derby) they had beaten Huddersfield something like 18 times in the last 20 games,so was most pleased when the did get that last minute equalizer,not sure it means anything but thought i;d throw it into the debate..

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I'd suggest that David Wagner is a very good manager. How else would you explain Huddersfield's total change in fortunes since last season?

Still young, emotional, and a little naive maybe, but a very good manager.
I agree he's a very good manager, but I was referring to his interview technique. or maybe its just the glasses.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'd suggest that David Wagner is a very good manager. How else would you explain Huddersfield's total change in fortunes since last season?

Still young, emotional, and a little naive maybe, but a very good manager.

He had them playing the ball around at the Amex last season, as I recall. They just didn't have any end product. They were happy to knock it around the middle for ages, but nobody up front who could put the ball in the net. I didn't think they'd be relegation candidates, as it looked like they could only improve. They also signed about fifteen players over the summer, mostly quite early as well, giving them a decent chance to bond and get used to the master plan.

Of course he's done a good job: there's no question about that. I felt in February though when they were on that brilliant run that they'd peaked too soon (didn't mean they didn't make me nervous of course!) and that there was no way they could sustain it until the sharp end of the season. And so it's proved. They lack goals- hence their relatively poor GD, and when the momentum dries up, you really need a man up front who can just nick a lucky one here and there. That Collin Quaner lump they have up top currently is abysmal, and Nahki Wells strikes me as too inconsistent and a bit lightweight to be a top Championship striker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here