Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF you left in the 40th minute for a drink and the 85th minute for a train....

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Pretty much spot on for one boozy fella in our part of the North.
Arrives 5 mins after kick off - CHECK
Heads off for half-time drink on 40 minutes - CHECK
Arrives back for second half on about 50 minutes - CHECK (actually nearer 55 yesterday)
Only thing I would say is he rarely leaves early :lolol:

Sounds like [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] :moo:
He is normally flat on his back at full time whistle:p

I have absolutely no sympathy. If you cannot sit (or stand) through 90 minutes of football then don't buy a ticket for the game.

I think if people pay money for their ticket they can do what they want, they can watch the whole match, half the match, 10% of the match or if they prefer, wipe their arse on the ticket then give it three minutes in the microwave. I'm not sure you're authorised to tell people what they should and shouldn't do.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You'd have missed two goals, two sendings offs and a MASSIVE 21 minutes of action.

Yes there were genuinely people who did that. :) :)

I very rarely leave before the final whistle, but I do leave on 42 mins to get food/drink etc, if I miss something so be it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I saw two absolute tools leaving early.

One was Fletcher, the other was Hutchinson.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
North West corner by any chance?

Actually no - behind the goal near the back.
Clearly I'm describing a category of Albion fan rather than an individual :lolol:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Actually no - behind the goal near the back.
Clearly I'm describing a category of Albion fan rather than an individual :lolol:

Weird atmosphere last night, everyone seemed quite subdued, looked like a lot more people leaving early at HT than usual. FT is understandable with Southern rails inability to run a reliable service.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Weird atmosphere last night, everyone seemed quite subdued, looked like a lot more people leaving early at HT than usual. FT is understandable with Southern rails inability to run a reliable service.

Quite subdued, blimey.

I'll frequently challenge NSC when it's gets misty eyed over the AMEX atmosphere.
So it's only right and proper I stand up for it when the place is actually becoming the '12th player'.

The last 10-15 minutes in the ESL was easily the best and loudest noise we've ever produced.
Everyone was on their feet screaming, signing, clapping, marvellous scenes.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Quite subdued, blimey.

I'll frequently challenge NSC when it's gets misty eyed over the AMEX atmosphere.
So it's only right and proper I stand up for it when the place is actually becoming the '12th player'.

The last 10-15 minutes in the ESL was easily the best and loudest noise we've ever produced.

This.
N1C was great fun. Unbelievable atmosphere. The young bloke next to me grabbed hold of me and we were jumping all over the place when the winner went in, well oiled on his18th B'day piss up :cheers:. The whole place was buzzing.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
I left at 80 minutes as I had to get 10pm train to London. Sort of on the basis that I could listen to the R5 commentary on Iplayer. Still gutted so staying down on Tuesday night.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Quite subdued, blimey.

The first hour seemed very poor from where I was, after the red card and penalty save the atmosphere certainly improved but only after that point.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit of a slog from Falmer to where you are and no obvious quick way?

Indeed. And tomorrow (er, today) I am teaching at Guy's hospital till 4 so my chances of making the Cardiff game at all are slim :-(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
40 mins to get out of the Bridge car park ...sigh

Try leaving earlier . . . . oh . . . :lolol:

If I even make it to the game today it will be a miracle . . .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I left at around 41 during the Villa game to get a pie and a pint (I was hank MARVIN as I'd gone there straight from work with no scoff), so I missed Murrays equaliser.

Except I didn't. The bloke in front of me in the queue had the game on his phone, so he had a crowd of meerkats behind him all craning their necks and watching the game, of which I was one. The only thing was, it was about 6-7 seconds behind the live action. So we heard the ROAR go up, when on his phone the ball was still back in our own box. But we knew a goal was coming. Now THAT was an exciting way to see us draw level :lolol:

Ahh, the wonders of modern technology.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

As a STH in ESL I do get frustrated at subdued it can be there but the atmosphere at the last match was amazing, like you say. Would love it if it is like that more often!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Evening games (of which we are having to endure an ever-increasing number) are always going to be an issue because of the extremely poor transport arrangements.

It's already late when the game ends then you have the queues (whether at the station or the car park) to contend with. Then we have the morons of Southern Rail not putting on trains with sufficient coaches (why there isn't a 10 car ready at the station baffles me). Then if you are travelling west home, you have the kettling at Brighton station operated by more morons who don't seem to know what they are doing. Then the walk home from the station. Then up early for work the next day.

We can't go back in time and improve the transport infrastructure now. It is what it is. But I would like to see Barber using the club's financial might to try to improve the service that Southern deliver (when they can be arsed to deliver a service at all that is).

As for missing the match either side of the HT interval, that one has always baffled me. I stay in my seat at HT but presume that those who go for the beers & pies 5-10 mins before HT do so because the queues are so long because the service is so poor. Improving the service and thereby the queuing time might mean that people stay in their seats longer. Who knows? Might be worth a try.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But I would like to see Barber using the club's financial might to try to improve the service that Southern deliver

As has been pointed out countless times, financial might is irrelevant. Under the terms of the management contract, Southern get paid whether 30 people use the trains or 30,000 of them. Barber's hands are tied on this one - much to his obvious frustration

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here