Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio Turn Offs

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
I haven't read the whole thread, but I think it's too easy/obvious to bash talksport. I think it's actually quite good. I don't think it's as low brow as people think these days.

Hawksbee & Jacobs are superb, Saggers normally does some interesting intelligent topics, European football show is good, Rushden & Glendenning on a Sunday is stupid but fun, likewise Jason Cundy's show. Press pass & players lounge also interesting stuff.

Adrian Durham is so obviously on the wind up, I can't believe people can get angry about him. I don't like Arsenal though, which helps.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
There's a half hour Radio 4 program I stumbled upon the other day where they do obituaries on famous people who have died that week. Was really quite depressing.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I haven't read the whole thread, but I think it's too easy/obvious to bash talksport. I think it's actually quite good. I don't think it's as low brow as people think these days.

Hawksbee & Jacobs are superb, Saggers normally does some interesting intelligent topics, European football show is good, Rushden & Glendenning on a Sunday is stupid but fun, likewise Jason Cundy's show. Press pass & players lounge also interesting stuff.

Adrian Durham is so obviously on the wind up, I can't believe people can get angry about him. I don't like Arsenal though, which helps.

Rushden & Glendenning are brilliant....where else would you find out how many toilets David Stockdale has ( 4 i seem to recall)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
On the basis that this has moved beyond Sport on the radio, I can't abide Classic FM. A load of sycophantic presenters on a station where it seems to me you will never hear anything remotely interesting or challenging. "Playing the most beautiful music in the world...." or however they phrase it. If I want to listen to Classical Music on the radio, it's radio 3 every time.

PS - and the adverts make it worse - another plus for the BBC whether it's Radio 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 - I'm too old for radio 1.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Simon 'smug as f&ck' Mayo - the bloke just reads out praise for his shows all the time

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
On the basis that this has moved beyond Sport on the radio, I can't abide Classic FM. A load of sycophantic presenters on a station where it seems to me you will never hear anything remotely interesting or challenging. "Playing the most beautiful music in the world...." or however they phrase it. If I want to listen to Classical Music on the radio, it's radio 3 every time.

PS - and the adverts make it worse - another plus for the BBC whether it's Radio 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 - I'm too old for radio 1.

I forgot about Classic FM, I really can't stand that. I was working in a customer's kitchen and they had Classic FM on, I asked if I could turn it off as it was depressing me.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Graham Norton, radio 2 Saturday mornings. Bloody stupid laugh of his does my head in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have Classicc FM on if I am driing any distance as I find it very soothing rather than listening to people waffling but if at home doing anything or on the pc I usually have Smooth on.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have Classicc FM on if I am driing any distance as I find it very soothing rather than listening to people waffling but if at home doing anything or on the pc I usually have Smooth on.

Classic FM = Audio valium BG. Classic FM was single-handedly responsible for a 2% reduction in road rage incidents in the Chipping Sodbury area in the last quarter of 2011

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Panel show comedies on radio 4 that star David Mitchell and/or Jeremy Hardy. There's only so much smugness that any human can reasonably tolerate without wanting to set fire to their own ears.

jeremy hardy long ago dissolved into a steaming puddle of self parody but the radio 4 show which is truly awful is the Now show. It's just terrible when you switch in the radio hoping for the news quiz and instead get Steve Punt introducing some humourless twerp dug up by the BBC diversity dept

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

I suppose with you in the car there really is no need for additional waffle

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Okay [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION], I'll see your Johnny Yawn and raise you that buglecunt Chris Moyles.

If I'm on wifi, its radio 6 and nothing else. Radio X shits, pisses and vomits on the grave of XFM. I quite like Johnny Yawn but when buglecunt Moyles failed to play a single song during a half hour drive in one morning because he couldn't stop himself prattling out his usual attention seeking drivel, I vowed never again. Don't get me started on that cockwomble Vernon Kaye either. Not hat long ago, he started playing a Bowie song and then said it would be wrong to talk over it. He's as thick as he is bland.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jack the Lad on Heart (well, most of the Heart presenters, but him in particular).

"Comedy" sidekicks on breakfast shows are nearly always unbearable, and he's a chronically irritating classic of the genre.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
jeremy hardy long ago dissolved into a steaming puddle of self parody but the radio 4 show which is truly awful is the Now show. It's just terrible when you switch in the radio hoping for the news quiz and instead get Steve Punt introducing some humourless twerp dug up by the BBC diversity dept

Glad I'm not alone in thinking that about JH. I haven't listened to the Now Show in years because Punt's voice grates and it also has Mitch Benn and his guitar.

The diversity drive isn't all bad though. I did enjoy a comedy series on R4 presented by a female classics scholar all about Greek literature. It sounds high brow but really wasn't. All very '1066 and All That'. The Lucy Porter-written 'Fair Intellectual Club' is also pretty good.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Okay [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION], I'll see your Johnny Yawn and raise you that buglecunt Chris Moyles.

If I'm on wifi, its radio 6 and nothing else. Radio X shits, pisses and vomits on the grave of XFM. I quite like Johnny Yawn but when buglecunt Moyles failed to play a single song during a half hour drive in one morning because he couldn't stop himself prattling out his usual attention seeking drivel, I vowed never again. Don't get me started on that cockwomble Vernon Kaye either. Not hat long ago, he started playing a Bowie song and then said it would be wrong to talk over it. He's as thick as he is bland.

:lolol: Love your word to describe Moyles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here