Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marshall/Murphy/Buckley/Bennett

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm not one for holding grudges but didn't Buckley basically admit in an interview that the reason he was shit for a year was because he wasn't bothered?

It's one thing to do it but to admit it shows a breathtaking level of arrogance.

No thanks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NSC tweeted(Ex) BHA target Marshall....earlier - I assume [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has heard we have pulled out of this one....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd add Noone to that list.

So you're saying we've pulled out of pursuing Marshall & are interested in resigning Craig Noone?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Any other suggestions for a winger?. Hamstring problems can be resolved. Play Lualua more centrally behind the one striker and just have one proper winger.

Right now I thinking it would be better to have both Bridcutt and Buckley back, and play Ince. Bridcutt so he can cover at the back and let a defender advance with ball (when the other team man marks) so our defence know there is cover. And Buckley because he is quicker than March and can shoot better.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Any other suggestions for a winger?. Hamstring problems can be resolved. Play Lualua more centrally behind the one striker and just have one proper winger.

Right now I thinking it would be better to have both Bridcutt and Buckley back, and play Ince. Bridcutt so he can cover at the back and let a defender advance with ball (when the other team man marks) so our defence know there is cover. And Buckley because he is quicker than March and can shoot better.

Bit late for April 1st

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

We tried Kazenga central last year and it didnt work he is at his best going wide and running at the full back. Why would we want to play Ince if we re sgned Bridcutt by all means sign LB and push Kayal and Stephens forward but not Ince. You are right about Buckley and March though so give you that one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We tried Kazenga central last year and it didnt work he is at his best going wide and running at the full back. Why would we want to play Ince if we re sgned Bridcutt by all means sign LB and push Kayal and Stephens forward but not Ince. You are right about Buckley and March though so give you that one.

Wow.. I agree BG :lol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see your strong dislike of Ince is rising to the surface again BG. No surprise there then.

I didn't realise he had a thing against Incenbut can see the point. If we did sign LB (prob won't happen), Ince would probably be behind Kayal / Stephens & Bridcuttn- blooming useful player to come on last night was Incey though...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Kaz has made it reasonably clear he doesn't feel at his best playing inside. Mind you if you got Bridcutt back and played Ince there's no room left for wingers so no need for Buckley :lolol: ..........unless you want to leave out Kayal or Stephens which based on current form would be a tad surprising. Maybe you're overthinking things again? Just a little ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Kaz has made it reasonably clear he doesn't feel at his best playing inside. Mind you if you got Bridcutt back and played Ince there's no room left for wingers so no need for Buckley :lolol: ..........unless you want to leave out Kayal or Stephens which based on current form would be a tad surprising. Maybe you're overthinking things again? Just a little ???

Heaven knows what he would be thinking if we had lost last night

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Would take 2 of Marshall/Murphy/Bennett

Noone maybe but given he struggles to make Cardiff starting eleven shows he has not really progressed since leaving us.

Murphy and Bennett would seem the ones who would be more achievable given Marshalls price tag and Buckleys injuries

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see your strong dislike of Ince is rising to the surface again BG. No surprise there then.

I have no dislike of Ince but unlike many on here I do not see him as another Yaya Toure. I believe that his best position is as a defensive midfielder, which is the position Bridcutt would occupy if he returned. Many times last season I said our best option in front of the back four was Ince and Holla together. Ince came on last night and added defensive security and strength to our midfield as he was expected to do and did it well but dont lets get carried away with him. He is still young and learning about the game.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

It will be 4-3-3 One winger, second striker and target man.
Defensive midfielder, Central midfielder (box2box), Attacking midfielder (fluid interchange of positions). It might mean leaving out Stephens (for Ince), definitely March and Baldock as first choices.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here