Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the year

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Shevchenko has been named player of the year whilst Henry came in a lowly 4th :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Ronaldhino came 3rd with Deco in 2nd according to sky sports

full report here

Milan striker Andrei Shevchenko is the new European Footballer of the Year, it has finally been confirmed.

Shevchenko succeeds Pavel Nedved as the Ballon D'Or winner, after beating Deco into second and Ronaldinho into third respectively.

Arsenal's Thierry Henry was down in fourth place nearly 100 points behind Shevchenko.

"When I started playing football I dreamt to become a big player and to win a prestigious award like this," beamed the Ukraine star.

"I'm really happy. I feel myself a more complete and experienced player. But the most important thing is that I have learnt about winning."

Shevchenko was full of praise for his manager Carlo Ancelotti.

"With Carlo Ancelotti I have won and I become a winner," he said.

"Our coach is different in comparison to all the others with which I worked.

"He gives me a big tranquillity, he listens to you.

"With him you can talk as a former player in addition to as a coach - he is well prepared."

Greece's Theo Zagorakis took fifth, with Adriano in sixth and former holder Nedved in seventh.

Wayne Rooney was the highest ranking England player as he came in eighth, ahead of Manchester United team-mate Ruud van Nistelrooy and Chelsea's Ricardo Carvalho who completed the top ten by being equal ninth.

Other notable English-based performers were Milan Baros (12), Cristiano Ronaldo (12), Didier Drogba (17) and Frank Lampard (17).

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
bha.fatboy said:
Shevchenko has been named player of the year whilst Henry came in a lowly 4th :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

disgraceful

1-henry
2-ronaldinho
3-deco

how can he win when hes done nothing. what does henry have to do to win :nono:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
AC Milan and Ukraine striker Andriy Shevchenko has been named European Footballer of the Year.

Barcelona's Deco and Ronaldinho were second and third with Arsenal striker Thierry Henry fourth.

Shevchenko, who joined Milan from Dynamo Kiev in 1999, said: "I'm very pleased to have received this award."

The 28-year-old has scored 102 goals in Serie A over the last six seasons, helping Milan win the Champions League in 2003 and the Italian title in 2004.

Shevchenko was the first foreigner to top the scoring charts in a debut season in Italy with 24 goals in 32 matches.

And last season he was again top scorer in Serie A with 24 goals.

In last year's poll, he was fourth behind Czech winner, Pavel Nedved of Juventus, and is one of three players in line for Fifa's World Player of the Year award.

The others are Ronaldinho and Henry.

Shevchenko becomes the third Ukrainian to win the award after Oleg Blockhin in 1975 and Igor Belanov in 1986.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Our player of the year will be a former Dutch marine.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No I agree with Shevchenko, scores a lot of goals in the hardest league to score in.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Re: Re: Player of the year

mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
disgraceful

1-henry
2-ronaldinho
3-deco

how can he win when hes done nothing. what does henry have to do to win :nono:

ARSEnal fan by any chance? Ronaldinho & Deco are awesome!!!!!!!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Player of the year

mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
what does henry have to do to win :nono:
Play in Serie A... You don't win that award unless you are A CURRENT PLAYER FOR A SERIE A CLUB.

(oops caps)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here