Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man vs Fat Football

Jonesy

Aug 7, 2011
Not sure how many of you would've heard about this, it's been doing the rounds on Talksport/ 5Live.

Man v Fat football is a football league for guys with a BMI over 27.5. Uniquely, the results of games are decided by a combination of the goals scored on the pitch and the weight lost off of it. It's played with like-minded (and bodied) blokes who love football and want to be healthier.

There's a new league starting over a Falmer sports complex this Friday and I think there is a need for more players to make up the numbers.

I don't work for Man V Fat or anything I'll be playing and want to have a full and competitive league so if you're interested have a look at the link.

https://www.manvfatfootball.org/falmer

I've been to the registration and the introductory kick about and the atmosphere is already great.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Not sure how many of you would've heard about this, it's been doing the rounds on Talksport/ 5Live.

Man v Fat football is a football league for guys with a BMI over 27.5. Uniquely, the results of games are decided by a combination of the goals scored on the pitch and the weight lost off of it. It's played with like-minded (and bodied) blokes who love football and want to be healthier.

There's a new league starting over a Falmer sports complex this Friday and I think there is a need for more players to make up the numbers.

I don't work for Man V Fat or anything I'll be playing and want to have a full and competitive league so if you're interested have a look at the link.

https://www.manvfatfootball.org/falmer

I've been to the registration and the introductory kick about and the atmosphere is already great.

I was actually going to sign up for this but the first two sessions collided with my holiday in September. Might reconsider if there are still spaces available.

Jonesy

Aug 7, 2011
I was actually going to sign up for this but the first two sessions collided with my holiday in September. Might reconsider if there are still spaces available.

There are spaces. Think there are approx 30 people signed up currently that'll be split into 4 teams. They want to build it up to 10 per team (in case people can't make some weeks etc) and then will move to introducing more teams. More the merrier

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There are spaces. Think there are approx 30 people signed up currently that'll be split into 4 teams. They want to build it up to 10 per team (in case people can't make some weeks etc) and then will move to introducing more teams. More the merrier

What if you dip under the BMI rate? Do you then barred from playing anymore :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
BMI is a weird choice of measurement, you'll get some fit muscly guys meeting the requirements.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Did 3 seasons here in Somerset, loved it and lost 15kg (losing weight for a team was great motivation).

Only reason I stopped was because I kept getting injured but it was a life changing experience for me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This sounds a great idea. I'm tempted to put a load of weight on so I can get involved.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Unfortunately (humble brag coming up), my 24ish BMI wouldn't qualify.

However I have been thinking I should try and find a football group or something for me to go to. I don't play Sundays anymore as I have a little one now and it's too time consuming and my 5 a side team folded.

Has anyone got any good recommendations for websites to find 'groups'. I know there are sites where teams advertise for players but I always panic by AWFUL football ability would annoy people who are hoping for a Messi.

As we gradually come out of Lockdown to try and get back to some kind of normal, and with my old Monday Night Football League postponed until further notice, I'm looking to chase the black and white round thing about again somewhere else.
It fair to say I've put a few pounds since March so wondered if ManvFat is running still at Falmer, anybody know????

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
BMI is a weird choice of measurement, you'll get some fit muscly guys meeting the requirements.

Believe me, Trig, there were no fit muscly guys in the sessions at Falmer.

I'd love it to start up again, I had to drop out when I did my knee but just as it healed, lockdown started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here