Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Come on, own up...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I cannot fathom why you'd want a scarf with the opposition's name on it. Who actually buys these? Clearly a lot of people do, or they wouldn't bother making them.

Simple. Tourists. Football enthusiasts who don't support either club but have just come along to see Premier League football. Tons of people do this. Working at Heathrow I see loads of people coming through every weekend just to catch a game. Lots of people from Switzerland, Holland, Germany do this and even more from the Gulf States.

I certainly wouldn't want one but I get why people just passing through would. It's a step up from keeping your ticket stub as a memento of your night.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
How much did you pay for yours?

For a Half n Half scarf?

Or the new designer shoes I was wearing specifically for the opening day of the PRem season?

or are you talking about the specially fitted T-shirt I was wearing? endorsed by George Cloony, worn by David Beckham.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Simple. Tourists. Football enthusiasts who don't support either club but have just come along to see Premier League football. Tons of people do this. Working at Heathrow I see loads of people coming through every weekend just to catch a game. Lots of people from Switzerland, Holland, Germany do this and even more from the Gulf States.

I certainly wouldn't want one but I get why people just passing through would. It's a step up from keeping your ticket stub as a memento of your night.

But how many of these people really come to the Amex? There can't be that many, surely?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I personally wouldn't buy one or any of the 'tat' that is in the official club shop. But people want souvenirs and if that floats their boat then I'm not going to berate them!

Very much this. I wouldn't but one personally as I don't really get it either but think it's a shame that people feel the need to ridicule someone for buying a bloody scarf.

The sooner some on here get over this pretentious, smug air of being 'real fans' the better. We all know what we've been through as a club and things have changed dramatically since the Goldstone but we should be proud that our club is attracting more and more people every season, not sit behind a keyboard taking the piss out of people that are contributing to our clubs success by buying a ticket and going to matches.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
But how many of these people really come to the Amex? There can't be that many, surely?

There were two fellas there from UAE who'd come over without tickets and were just wandering around outside with a translator.
It's a new world.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

That's true but we can expect a fair few this year, especially when the likes of Citeh are in town. We've seen all the threads about the silly money being charged for tickets on various resale sites.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Saw a fair few oriental visitors somewhat self consciously sporting them after the game

How do these "visitors" get tickets?
Reckon the 3k we had to give City would have been snapped up by City die-hards - new ground and weekend at the seaside in August = maxed out.
And there has been a plethora of non-STHers on here complaining they can't get their hands on a ticket.
So how do these JCL Orientals get in?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
How do these "visitors" get tickets?
Reckon the 3k we had to give City would have been snapped up by City die-hards - new ground and weekend at the seaside in August = maxed out.
And there has been a plethora of non-STHers on here complaining they can't get their hands on a ticket.
So how do these JCL Orientals get in?

Touts?

It was easy to get tickets for this game.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Brian Kidd moonlighting pre-match?

Edit, make that Joe Royle fallen on hard times?
rollfloorlaffsmiley.gif

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Two seasons ago, I went to a pre season friendly, to see my Chelsea play Fiorentina my favourite Italian team, at Stamford Bridge.

I was delighted to buy a half & half scarf as a memento of such a rare occasion! :albion2: :wink:

Can't see anything wrong with it, as it harms no-one. tbh:bounce:

Plus, I can think of a few 'footy' bars in Florence, who would pay good money for that scarf, to hang up at the bar If I wanted to sell it?

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
People will sell anything to make money and brightons first game in this league means it was inevitable sadly....You will get this all over the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here