Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's bizarre, I've seen the argument that Huddersfield getting their business done early let's their team "gel".

Somewhat ignoring the fact our team has been "gelling" for 12 months and we finished above them....so we had a better team. We had NO loan signings in out starting team last year.

Huddersfield had FIVE. That's five players down before you even begin. No wonder they have signed people quickly.

So Murray wasn't on loan for the first half of the season and when did we sign permanent deals for Tomori and Pocognoli all I considered played important roles in our promotion.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So Murray wasn't on loan for the first half of the season and when did we sign permanent deals for Tomori and Pocognoli all I considered played important roles in our promotion.

By the end of the season Murray was our player. So not a player we have to re-sign.

Bong was ahead of Poc in my opinion as first choice and Tomori certainly isn't ahead of Dunk or Duffy.

So no, that's still NO players in our starting line up who we had to give back to their parent clubs compared to Huddersfield five.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
By the end of the season Murray was our player. So not a player we have to re-sign.

Bong was ahead of Poc in my opinion as first choice and Tomori certainly isn't ahead of Dunk or Duffy.
So no, that's still NO players in our starting line up who we had to give back to their parent clubs compared to Huddersfield five.

A bit of a twist on words there, yes they had 5 loan players and I believe both the Chelsea players were missing for many games through injury, but football is a squad game and they did borrow 5 during the season. One more than us as I forgot to add Akpom which brought our loan total to 4, one less than them.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Have we made a couple of 15M+ signings that I've missed or something?

How can you criticise Hudds' signings when it has all gone quiet over here, quiet at least up until the rumour we might be signing one of their former loanees who they passed up for another?

Think you are missing the point, the
Money they have spend has been in the main, maintaining the squad they had last year. No idea if they wanted to keep Brown, maybe they did and he did not want to stay, I dont know, nor do you.

It's all gone quite over here because our recruitment team don't do business in the press, be patient as we have spend well on Huddersfield have brought very average championship players in my view, would not want any off them as they would not improve our team or squad now or after we have made the signings that we will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A bit of a twist on words there, yes they had 5 loan players and I believe both the Chelsea players were missing for many games through injury, but football is a squad game and they did borrow 5 during the season. One more than us as I forgot to add Akpom which brought our loan total to 4, one less than them.

You can't surely claim Akpom had an influence. :lolol:

They borrowed more than 5 players last season I believe. I'm talking about the 5 who made up key members of the starting line up

They had 5 KEY starters on loan. We had none.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

They borrowed more than 5 players last season I believe. I'm talking about the 5 who made up key members of the starting line up

I'm not really sure what you're getting at. We created the team that we need for last season last summer, and we're creating the team that we need for this season this summer. Why are you ranting and raving about the number of loans each team had?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not really sure what you're getting at. We created the team that we need for last season last summer, and we're creating the team that we need for this season this summer. Why are you ranting and raving about the number of loans each team had?

Is it a rant and a rave?

I'm simply pointing out that, if you are 5 players down on us to start with, you need to sign 5 players to be even.

You have signed lots of players because you needed lots of players. What Hudds did last year utilising the loan system was brilliant and worked very well.

However, I am far more comfortable going into the new season with the same team we had last season and adding quality here and there.. We have partnerships all over the pitch already formed. That's a great thing to have.

No animosity towards whats hudds did at all. More trying to calm those on here who seem to be having a completely mind blank as to why Hudds are needing in so many players.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Interesting point, they borrowed 5 players who improved their squad we borrowed four players which three of them in your opinion did nothing to strengthen the team, Does that not make you question our recruitment team when you compare their success rate last season.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Interesting point, they borrowed 5 players who improved their squad we borrowed four players which three of them in your opinion did nothing to strengthen the team, Does that not make you question our recruitment team when you compare their success rate last season.
Tomori played 7 games
Adekugbe played 5
Akpom "played 8"

I never EVER said they didn't "make" an impact.

I said they weren't in our starting line up. I stand by that. I think every loan player had a player in front of them in terms of being first choice.

In Hudds case, the five they had were first choice.

I can't really keep relaying the same statement in different ways.

One final point to finally end this, If we re-signed Pocognoli, Akpom,Tomori,and Adekgbe would they be automatic starters in our team? No.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tomori played 7 games
Adekugbe played 5
Akpom "played 8"

I said they weren't in our starting line up. I stand by that. I think every loan player had a player in front of them in terms of being first choice.

In the context of your argument, I think your 'five' figure for Hudds is slightly misleading. You can't really include Brown AND Palmer as 'starters', as it was almost always one or the other.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In the context of your argument, I think your 'five' figure for Hudds is slightly misleading. You can't really include Brown AND Palmer as 'starters', as it was almost always one or the other.

Ok. That's fair.

I'll say they have four to our none.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Tomori played 7 games
Adekugbe played 5
Akpom "played 8"

So you agree then, that their recruitment team performed better than ours at bringing in players of the quality required to strengthen the squad, but ours in your opinion, just brought in players did not improve the team. I'm not sure that gives me the confidence in our ability to strengthen the team for the coming season

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So you agree then, that their recruitment team performed better than ours at bringing in players of the quality required to strengthen the squad, but ours in your opinion, just brought in players did not improve the team. I'm not sure that gives me the confidence in our ability to strengthen the team for the coming season

What on earth are you talking about. We got promoted. Our starting 11 was excellent and had been built over two seasons. The additions of Poc and Tomori were excellent squad additions who came in when required and let nobody down.

Huddersifled's recruitment last season was also fantastic and they utilised the loan system brilliantly and now seem to be working well again to plug the gaps.

I genuinely don't know what you are going on about. I'm not criticising Huddersfield or us......

Odd.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
OK I'll bite.

Our loans last season:
Ward
Mooy
Palmer
Brown

(there was also Kachunga but we bought him mid way through the season so let's just ignore him for the purposes of this)

They have been replaced with:
Ward -> Lossl (loan)
Mooy -> Mooy
Palmer -> Palmer (loan)
Brown -> Ince

This then leaves as "new" recruitments by your definition:
Depoitre
Mounié
Williams
Malone
Zanka

In addition to these we expect there to be three more players coming in, a right back (likely to be Yiadom), a winger and a #10 (Patrick Roberts and Ollie Burke have been mentioned, both on loan)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
OK I'll bite.

Our loans last season:
Ward
Mooy
Palmer
Brown

(there was also Kachunga but we bought him mid way through the season so let's just ignore him for the purposes of this)

Ward -> Lossl (loan)
Mooy -> Mooy
Palmer -> Palmer
Brown -> Ince

Depoitre
Mounié
Williams
Malone
Zanka

Which would suggest you've 'caught up' and moved into the 'improve' phase of the squad building process

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
OK I'll bite.

Our loans last season:
Ward
Mooy
Palmer
Brown

Ward -> Lossl (loan)
Mooy -> Mooy
Palmer -> Palmer
Brown -> Ince

Depoitre
Mounié
Williams
Malone
Zanka

What's the "biting"

I think your recruitment's been really good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Thats nonsense. We had a settled, established starting XI of permanent signings, but we were always in need of decent backup to bolster the squad. Akpom apart (who was a complete dud), that's exactly what we brought in on loan. And when they were needed, they all came in and did an excellent job.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
OK I'll bite.

Our loans last season:
Ward
Mooy
Palmer
Brown

Ward -> Lossl (loan)
Mooy -> Mooy
Palmer -> Palmer (loan)
Brown -> Ince

Depoitre
Mounié
Williams
Malone
Zanka

In addition to these we expect there to be three more players coming in, a right back (likely to be Yiadom), a winger and a #10 (Patrick Roberts and Ollie Burke have been mentioned, both on loan)

Are you seriously that bothered what Brighton fans think about your signings? Why bother?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here