Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfunny comedians

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I can't STAND all these so called DULLARD comedians who REPEAT the same old GAG for YEARS which wasn't even FUNNY the first time

I can't STAND all these so called DULLARD comedians who REPEAT the same old GAG for YEARS which wasn't even FUNNY the first time :bowdown::bowdown:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hes about as funny as a fart in a space suit with the added benefit of a media driven chip on his shoulder.

Has to be said LH was just about the only low point of TISWAS. Phantom Flan Flinger? YES! Sally James? ABSOLUTELY! Pulling kids around by their ears? BRILLIANT!, the acceptable face of junior ear pulling! Bob Carolgees and Spit The Dog? EXCELLENTE! But Trevor McDoughnut? Flat spot. Then he only went and married Dawn French. Which was no laughing matter in anybody's book. IMHO, like. Obviously.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Ther's one or two named so far that I haven't really seen, but otherwise I also find nearly all of those named funny at times.
Some are more hit and miss than others, but none that I have not, at some point, genuionely laughed at.

Apart, as already mentioned, the Mrs Browns Boys people. That's. Just. Awful.

I know I am not supposed to find Michael Macintyre funny, I know he is not cool. But actually, I do find him pretty consistently funny. Not edgy, not always original. But funny. Sorry.

Am I missing something with the whole Keith Lemon thing? I know it's meant to be a satire of some kind, and I haven't really tried very hard. But not sure I get it at all.

exactly. people are confusing cool and funny. except with russell howard who is neither.

my bugbear is the crap bbc political satire - the now show, have i got news for you etc. tedious in the extreme. andy hamilton? why?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
exactly. people are confusing cool and funny. except with russell howard who is neither.

my bugbear is the crap bbc political satire - the now show, have i got news for you etc. tedious in the extreme. andy hamilton? why?

The Now Show and 'Have I got New for you' can be very very funny.
The one I can't stand on the radio is 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' which I find mainly smug public school attempted humour. Often by people I normally quite like.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ricky Gervaise, did not get the office at all!

Wow, I can see how many people do not like Gervais (I love all his stuff) but the Office is probably THE defining British comedy of the last 15 years, some of the best observations of characters ever and a love story that rivals Shakespeare. I urge you to revisit it.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Wow, I can see how many people do not like Gervais (I love all his stuff) but the Office is probably THE defining British comedy of the last 15 years, some of the best observations of characters ever and a love story that rivals Shakespeare. I urge you to revisit it.

Just shows how tastes vary.

Ricky Gervais is, for me, the best comedian I've ever seen. Even ignoring The Office, his stand up alone is fantastic.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Ther's one or two named so far that I haven't really seen, but otherwise I also find nearly all of those named funny at times.
Some are more hit and miss than others, but none that I have not, at some point, genuinely laughed at.

Apart, as already mentioned, the Mrs Browns Boys people. That's. Just. Awful.

I know I am not supposed to find Michael Macintyre funny, I know he is not cool. But actually, I do find him pretty consistently funny. Not edgy, not always original. But funny. Sorry.

Am I missing something with the whole Keith Lemon thing? I know it's meant to be a satire of some kind, and I haven't really tried very hard. But not sure I get it at all.

I really like Mrs Brown's boys.
Michael Macintyre show is the same everyweek only the names are changed.

KEITH LEMMON is the biggest **** onTV, I would rather watch wrestling.
That starred word begins with T

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just shows how tastes vary.

Ricky Gervais is, for me, the best comedian I've ever seen. Even ignoring The Office, his stand up alone is fantastic.

I love all his stuff, I think the podcasts are some of his best work. I totally get why some people find him irritating but I do not understand how anyone cannot appreciate The Office as a piece of art.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I love all his stuff, I think the podcasts are some of his best work. I totally get why some people find him irritating but I do not understand how anyone cannot appreciate The Office as a piece of art.

Agree about The Office. Derek is wonderful too, laugh and cry stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here