• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Too much. Gave up for five years then started again.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I used to smoke like a chimney, 40+ per day, haven't touched a cigarette since 2001. I do however partake in a celebratory birthday cigar from time to time.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Gave up about 4yrs ago. Smoked for 22yrs, woke up one morning and decided I didn't fancy it any longer, threw them in the bin and gave up. Didn't need patches or e-cig or anything, found it really easy.
Feel healthier for it and save plenty of cash so it's win win. Plus I don't stink like a tramp anymore.

This. I gave up 9 years ago, when my wife and I conceived. The amount of money I've saved from giving up a 40 day habit is incredible

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not baccy!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Im sure this "vaping" fad is making people more addicted to smoking. I know people that have never smoked but now "vape" and i know people that have quit smoking but spend all day puffing on a vape that they are actually taking in more nicotine than if they just had a cigarette. Im sure once the fad dies out most will take up smoking cigarettes again.
This is a very odd view. Why would an alternative method of administering the drug that is arguably more pleasant for the user, avoids many of the harmful side-effects and is about 10% of the price be considered a fad?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
This. I gave up 9 years ago, when my wife and I conceived. The amount of money I've saved from giving up a 40 day habit is incredible

Similar for me, when my wife was pregnant, I picked a day and packed them up, was on just over 20 a day... That was nearly 3 years ago.. Had a few cigs after drinking, in between the 1st and 2nd year, but havent actually had a drink induced cig for well over a year now..

Lush

Mods' Pet
Vape not smoke.

Isnt bad for you

You will, however, get even worse 'sucky lines' around your mouth.

corbis_rm_photo_of_woman_smoking.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm obessively anti-smoking, so much so that my wife knows that if she plays around with another bloke I'd give her another chance (unless he was a Palace fan), but if I catch her smoking it's over.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Because its a fad, that is ultimately leading to more people being addicted to nicotine, you look like a plank, you spray a cloud across a building and go to shops to buy different flavours as if you are a child going sweet shopping.
Tosh. I gave up smoking 3 and a half years ago and started vaping, went from 18mg to 12mg then 6mg to 0mg. Just juice now with a pint or when I am reading posts by "bellends" (not you) on here.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Oh how I rejoiced when the smoking ban came in.
After many years of going to pubs and coming home coughing my guts up and stinking of smoke the next morning, the joy of going to a pub smoke free was just a thing of beauty.
Of course smokers will tell you that the smoking ban was the cause for a lot of pubs closing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm constantly penny pinching and I'm asthmatic.

It's never made smoking particularly appealing.

However I DO love a lovely CIGAR on special occasions with chums.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh how I rejoiced when the smoking ban came in.
After many years of going to pubs and coming home coughing my guts up and stinking of smoke the next morning, the joy of going to a pub smoke free was just a thing of beauty.
Of course smokers will tell you that the smoking ban was the cause for a lot of pubs closing.

I was a smoker back then (and for another 5 years), and I rejoiced it too, pubs are so much better now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Because its a fad, that is ultimately leading to more people being addicted to nicotine, you look like a plank, you spray a cloud across a building and go to shops to buy different flavours as if you are a child going sweet shopping.

You could say the same about Pokémon without the nicotine

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Tosh. I gave up smoking 3 and a half years ago and started vaping, went from 18mg to 12mg then 6mg to 0mg. Just juice now with a pint or when I am reading posts by "bellends" (not you) on here.

It works for some im not going to deny that, but im sure in a few years time there will be better to confirm or deny my opinions.

I have heard stories of parents buying their children e cigarettes to stop them from starting smoking which is quite possibly the most moronic thing i have heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here