British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Certainly not worth 4 million now.

2 million tops

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Amazing what a week with Gordon Greer can do to a player.
I think Dunk & Duffy at the back would be great with Bruno keeping them in check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Amazing what a week with Gordon Greer can do to a player.
I think Dunk & Duffy at the back would be great with Bruno keeping them in check

Duffy is more like an understudy for Dunk. I have difficulty in thinking the Duffy bid is serious and not just a wild rumour?

I am still old fashioned and thinking of a tall dominant centre half (Dunk like Jackie Charlton in 66, Steve Foster) and a covering central defender (Bobby Moore in 66, Bruno/Goldson or Lawrenson).

From open play the two big frights we've had at the Amex was Shane Duffy dominated Hünemeier v Blackburn coming up from defence (Smith also gave Hünemeier trouble for Fulham at Craven Cottage).

And the second when Burke did Dunk (correctly positioned) for pace.

Meanwhile whilst faced with a speed merchant our best bet is to cut out the supply to him. No safety net. Not that the other clubs can catch a speed merchant, except perhaps Brady (left-back/midfielder) for Norwich. So the alternative is to get a left sided wing-back.

Bong is quite quick but he was booked against both Buckley and Burke trying to stop them.

The first one is served by having Dunk in the side. The second one by a left-sided fullback/central defender with pace. Duffy does not fit the latter category.

Last edited:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We are not playing top trumps.Sooner or later we will get undone.
For 75% of last season our problem was seen to be that we didn't score enough goals but what ultimately cost us was we conceded to many goals.If we can cut out conceding stupid goals
This season then that might be the difference between going up or not going up.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What do you mean

I mean we should be looking for players to be able to compete with the likes of Sunderland, cause that would be quite a good guide on how to survive by the skin of their teeth in the Premier League.

If we went up it would be classed as one of the easier games.

Normally, the past wisdom is to buy a few players when we go up at inflated prices. This season, Boro have gone abroad for players, and Burnley and Hull have not bought. WBA, Sunderland, both worried about their lack of recruitment.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
On the one hand I wonder if any of these journalists bother to read into the situations at the respective clubs of the players mentioned, if so they would realise we are currently playing a RB as CB and in need of an ADDITIONAL CB.

Then I think to myself, 4m is a lot of money for cover…

Come on Lewis, don't do it to us now :down:

I really cant see Dunk going this window now for that very reason. 2 centrebacks a couple of games away at least and much like in central midfield we need to come out of this window with 4 dependable options for the 2 slots

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I really cant see Dunk going this window now for that very reason. 2 centrebacks a couple of games away at least and much like in central midfield we need to come out of this window with 4 dependable options for the 2 slots

I hope you are right. Would Duffy be happy with a reserve slot?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Anyone a bit worried about where this leaves Goldson? He was more assured then Dunk last year and this deal would make him 3rd choice, can't see him being happy about that or Hunemeier given that he came here as captain if his former team.

I mean other than injuries we have/will have an embarrassment of riches for this level at CB.

I just don't know how you keep them all happy.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Anyone a bit worried about where this leaves Goldson? He was more assured then Dunk last year and this deal would make him 3rd choice, can't see him being happy about that or Hunemeier given that he came here as captain if his former team.

I mean other than injuries we have/will have an embarrassment of riches for this level at CB.

I just don't know how you keep them all happy.

Embarrassment of riches at CB?.We currently have 3 out and out regular CB's after that a couple of untried kids. One CB who has been out for at least 8 months. Another attracting interest.

Where does that leave Godson? Currently i would put him as number 2 ahead of Uwe

Don't know how to keep them all happy? There's only 3 CB's. How many times has this same drivel been spouted by people like you? It's a squad game and a long season.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Embarrassment of riches at CB?.We currently have 3 out and out regular CB's after that a couple of untried kids. One CB who has been out for at least 8 months. Another attracting interest.

Where does that leave Godson? Currently i would put him as number 2 ahead of Uwe

Don't know how to keep them all happy? There's only 3 CB's. How many times has this same drivel been spouted by people like you? It's a squad game and a long season.

3 plus White plus the lad from Motherwell.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Spot on. Do people not remember the defensive injuries that happened last season? If Greer, Dunk and Uwe had all stayed fit we probably wouldn't have seen Goldson play apart from in cup games. Uwe may well be a sicknote as what seemed like a fairly minor injury has turned into 8 months+ out. You need competition for places and confidence in all the squad members.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 experienced first team squad center backs is not enough for a squad chasing promotion in a 46 game season.

Hopefully we'll get 1 more addition in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here